First off, the simulator is available here if you want to try it:
    https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/android/tool

Here is what the configuration screens will look like:

Also: here is the new error screen when you can't access a website. Big improvement over the previous one!
    10-19-11 10:13 AM
    Sweet. OS2 Must be very close. Look at the version numbers. The simulator has a lower version number. The other stuff are quite similar to what we have now with the beta.
    10-19-11 10:16 AM
  3. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Looking very promising!!!

Playbook production release 2.0 is going to be AMAZING!!
    10-19-11 12:41 PM
    Mmmmm. Mi gusta!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-11 12:42 PM
    Anything suggesting we are getting native BBM soon? This will really get the devices selling.
    10-19-11 12:45 PM
    then why didnt they preview it on the big screen at Devcon?
    M.Rizk likes this.
    10-19-11 12:52 PM
    then why didnt they preview it on the big screen at Devcon?
    That is a VERY good question...
    10-19-11 03:35 PM
    This is a simulator folks. It's highly unlikely that what you see there will be representative of the final 2.0 release.

Forget Native mail.... Lazaridis would have announced it yesterday if it was a actually coming.
    10-19-11 03:43 PM
    I feel like if my blood was boiling from inside ... could someone switch on the A.C(OS2.0 PUBLIC VERSION)

I wish I know what's happening, I nearly got nothing new from the DevCon but 4 games.
    10-19-11 05:06 PM
    Forget Native mail.... Lazaridis would have announced it yesterday if it was a actually coming.

RIM never discussed what's going to be included in the consumer OS 2.0 version. I'm sure RIM is trying to hit a "Bulls-eye" with the launch of OS 2.0. The OS 2.0 that was revealed in DevCon was shown with a few changes, I expect the consumer 2.0 to be packed with all the features we are missing today.
    10-19-11 05:32 PM
    fine, but cant they do it in a compelling way, both for users and news websites, with a preview and a solid release date?

they got a lot of flack for poor S1 and S2 software, and I respect they fact to do it right, but the way they do it is like shooting yourself in the foot
    10-19-11 05:42 PM
    fine, but cant they do it in a compelling way, both for users and news websites, with a preview and a solid release date?

they got a lot of flack for poor S1 and S2 software, and I respect they fact to do it right, but the way they do it is like shooting yourself in the foot
    I reckon they will - and have kept it out of DevCon, which is focused on developers - to actually have a dedicated launch and presentation of the new OS, with all the fanfare.
    10-19-11 06:00 PM
    A few things to add. If you add an account (I added my GMail and Facebook) you actually get system notifications for new messages, unfortunately clicking on them doesn't do anything. So it's built in enough to actually check email for you.

Also, I've been using the 2.0 Dev beta on my Playbook for about 24 hours now, and the browser kind of sucks. I really hope it's something they can easily fix. If you stay in a single tab, everything is fine. Once you open a new tab, and then try to close it, it's basically unusable until you close the browser and reopen it.

The new UI and other things are great, and I can't wait for the full release hopefully soon.
    10-19-11 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD