Can't believe the first free app doesn't play with the most popular BlackBerry messaging method. What up with that.....What up with that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Stompy likes this.
    10-19-11 05:56 AM
    Still, really? I used to have this app on my 9630. Used it for two years. Does work great for emails and texts. They said they were going to add BBM. That was a year and a half ago.

They need to add it!
    10-19-11 06:00 AM
    Yeah its a good app but bbm integration would be sweet

10-19-11 06:29 AM
    yeah ,i think RIM hasn't outed the BBM api for voice yet . thats probably the reason why..
    10-19-11 06:37 AM
    My wife messaged me a short time ago through BBM and it read her message.

**EDIT**
    Just messaged her back and it read mine to her.
    Last edited by Mastec; 10-19-11 at 07:38 AM.
    10-19-11 07:14 AM
    faqs � DriveSafe.ly

Why doesn’t DriveSafe.ly read BlackBerry Messenger messages?

DriveSafe.ly currently does not read messages sent through BlackBerry Messenger, but we’re working with RIM to try to add this feature.
    10-19-11 07:38 AM
    My wife messaged me a short time ago through BBM and it read her message.

**EDIT**
    Just messaged her back and it read mine to her.
    Maybe she emailed or text. Do your sms appear within your BBM app? Drive Safe.ly doesn't read BBM unfortunately.
    10-19-11 07:39 AM
    I can't get it to work properly at all on a VZW Torch 9850. The settings menu is virtually useless because you can't actually change more than half of the settings either by touch or by track pad, and when I try to play back any msg, with the "on demad" feature, it doesn't work.

The worst part is when I exit the app, I get a blank, black screen and have to do a battery pull to get my phone to work again.

Oh well, just deleted it. Will have to wait for other free thank you gifts I guess.
    10-19-11 07:50 AM
    Also, remember to go into Drive Safe.ly options amd DISABLE the option to send a message in reply. Wotherwise, every time your message is read to you, an automated reply will be sent back to whoever sent that message advertising Drive Safe.ly. It annoyed a lot of folks way back when.
    10-19-11 07:56 AM
    Is there a way to completely close the app? When I choose Exit DriveSafe.ly from the menu it still appears on my task switcher!

Anyone else?
    10-19-11 10:06 AM
    10-19-11 10:47 AM
    Is there a way to completely close the app? When I choose Exit DriveSafe.ly from the menu it still appears on my task switcher!

Anyone else?
    You have to check box "exit on minimize" under settings.

Chrisy and Fnord like this.
    10-19-11 11:07 AM
    You have to check box "exit on minimize" under settings.

Thanks for that. I hadn't noticed the advanced settings...
    10-19-11 12:29 PM
    I can't get it to work properly at all on a VZW Torch 9850. The settings menu is virtually useless because you can't actually change more than half of the settings either by touch or by track pad, and when I try to play back any msg, with the "on demad" feature, it doesn't work.

The worst part is when I exit the app, I get a blank, black screen and have to do a battery pull to get my phone to work again.

Oh well, just deleted it. Will have to wait for other free thank you gifts I guess.
    You have to turn off compatibility mode on the Torch
    10-19-11 12:57 PM
    Maybe she emailed or text. Do your sms appear within your BBM app? Drive Safe.ly doesn't read BBM unfortunately.
    I emailed her a text message this morning to show her how drivesafe.ly worked. I just checked my phone and her message to me was sent via BBM.
    10-19-11 02:52 PM
    OK, I tried it again but this time using BBM to send my wife a message. In the same room I sent her a text saying "Love You". Five seconds later I heard her phone read the message, "From Butch, Love You"

It's working on our phones. I don't know why or how and can't explain it but it does read BBM on our end.
    10-19-11 06:49 PM
    Maybe you have her BBM connected with your contacts?...
    http://crackberry.com/text-messaging...erry-messenger
    Which could be why it is reading the text message aloud when sent via BBM?
    10-19-11 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD