Hello Every one,

I am wondering what is better for bold 9900.

contract or pay as you go ?

I really do not use the contract for calling or texting...

I just wanna use it for emails and bbm ( BIS ).

I got a plans in orange which start from 20 pounds a month ..

maybe i will get 26 for 18 months + 200 for the phone...

what do you recommend, get contract or pay as you go for my case ??

And when I can get a free upgrade ??

thanks in advance ( I am in UK )
    10-18-11 10:05 PM
    I guess you are the only person that can answer that...
    You have to do your maths, as nobody else knows your phone usage habits.
    Contract option:
    The total cost = (lenght of your contract x monthly bill incl. BIS cost and data)+ cost of the phone + any additional fees, if applicable

PAYG option:
    The total cost = (same number of months as above x your monthly top-up incl. BIS cost and data) + cost of the phone + any additional fees, if applicable.

And now choose whatever pleases you.

Cheers :-)
    10-19-11 03:06 AM
    Pretty much like the user above me said, Its up to you and what you can afford what your looking for..

Contracts sucks because if a new phone come out that you really want don't end up on your carrier, than your either stuck there for 2-3 years, or you can pay the ETF which can range from $150-350$ depending on your device

Pay as you go you can quit any time

The only benefits you get from a contract is "Discounted phones and upgrades" and you can only upgrade every 6-12 months, which some carriers charge you for a early upgrade if you do it before your time.
    10-19-11 03:49 AM
    Check this website. You can get the phone for free on 24 month contract at �26 per month.

Blackberry Bold 9900

no idea how reliable they are, but there was a thread in this forum where someone said they got the phone from them. Will try to find the tread
    10-19-11 05:51 AM
    10-19-11 05:57 AM
    Check this website. You can get the phone for free on 24 month contract at �26 per month.

Blackberry Bold 9900
    (...)
    So for the start you have the total cost incl. the phone at 624 quid in 24 months, assuming you are fine with what comes in the �26 contract.

Just a quick look at eBay UK and you see you could get Bold 9900 for �350. It leaves you with �274 in your pocket. Now, what is the cost of getting the SIM lock off? let's say �10
    �264 divided by 24 months = �11 top up per month
    Is it enough for your? I have no idea how much BIS costs in UK. You say you'd use it only for emails and BBM, so BIS is all you need. Let's say it's 5 quid a month, and this is all you are going to top up every month.
    The total cost in 24 months while PAYG is �350 + 10 + 24x5 = �480
    And you can quit any time, sell the phone, get a new one, and do whatever pleases you.

Hope that helps

And just BTW: if you DO find any answers to your questions helpful, please click the 'thanks' button, or 'like' the thread. Thank you
    10-19-11 07:53 AM
    I found 12 months in vodafone for 36 including the BIS + 199 for the phone

I think it is great
    10-19-11 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD