10-18-11 08:24 PM
    Not the first time...
    10-18-11 08:26 PM
    But it does wipe the smirk off of, at least, the Vzw LTE users.
    10-18-11 09:19 PM
    What the heck is going on? Are solar flares acting up? This is the 3rd thing to go down. RIM, iCloud, this.
    10-19-11 01:12 AM
    Yeah, but consider this...

When my ThunderBolt is stuck on 1X I still get my email, my FB still works, and I can still load web pages about 4 times faster than I could on my BlackBerry with a 3G connection...lol!

When RIM was down I got nothing!

And two times down in 7 months really isn't THAT bad, especially considering that the LTE network is still new and still expanding. BIS was down way more than that when I had my BB's.

But there are some other things I do still miss from my BB's...

Edit: I just read one of the articles. I didn't realize that some folks weren't getting data. I only lost 4G, just like the first time this happened.
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 10-19-11 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Edit
    10-19-11 04:17 AM
    Sorry, but the entire LTE network being down twice in 7 months to me hints at a fundamental architectural or systemic issue...

Yeah, but consider this...

When my ThunderBolt is stuck on 1X I still get my email, my FB still works, and I can still load web pages about 4 times faster than I could on my BlackBerry with a 3G connection...lol!

When RIM was down I got nothing!

And two times down in 7 months really isn't THAT bad, especially considering that the LTE network is still new and still expanding. BIS was down way more than that when I had my BB's.

But there are some other things I do still miss from my BB's...

Edit: I just read one of the articles. I didn't realize that some folks weren't getting data. I only lost 4G, just like the first time this happened.
    10-19-11 08:00 AM
    Revenge? You make it sound like it's a war, and there's pleasure to be taken in seeing system failures affecting consumers.
    10-19-11 08:46 AM
    I wish I had 4G here to go down! Lol. 4G is 30 minutes away from my house!
    10-19-11 08:55 AM
    So you don't like Verizon. Why not post this in the Verizon forum? Or, post this in the Android forumbecause those are the users you are taking a swipe at. It's not like losing LTE makes devices useless. One can still SMS, send/receive e-mail, browse, and make/receive phone calls.
    10-19-11 11:55 AM
    So you don't like Verizon. Why not post this in the Verizon forum? Or, post this in the Android forumbecause those are the users you are taking a swipe at. It's not like losing LTE makes devices useless. One can still SMS, send/receive e-mail, browse, and make/receive phone calls.
    Oh, the ZDnet article I linked to mentioned not having data...
    10-19-11 05:41 PM
    But it does wipe the smirk off of, at least, the Vzw LTE users.
    Are you pissed at them or something. Revenge? How did you or anyone else get revenge by VZWs own lte network being down?

Is this te 4th grade?
    10-19-11 07:20 PM
    Maybe RIM cut the LTE wires.
    10-19-11 09:06 PM
    Are you pissed at them or something. Revenge? How did you or anyone else get revenge by VZWs own lte network being down?

Is this te 4th grade?
    10-19-11 09:08 PM
    Nice picture. I asked a question. What was so serious about it? I can't even use LTE so I don't care about the service either way lol.

What revenge do people get from a carriers 4G network being down (which isn't all they offer)?
    Last edited by avt123; 10-19-11 at 09:41 PM.
    10-19-11 09:39 PM
    Nice picture. I asked a question. What was so serious about it? I can't even use LTE so I don't care about the service either way lol.

What revenge do people get from a carriers 4G network being down (which isn't all they offer)?
    1. Quite a few devices couldn't fallback and so had no data whatsoever.

2. RIM just had a critical worldwide crash for three days. Every little bit helps
    10-19-11 09:43 PM
    1. Quite a few devices couldn't fallback and so had no data whatsoever.

2. RIM just had a critical worldwide crash for three days. Every little bit helps
    Really? What 4G device on VZW can't fall back to 3G? That's odd.

RIM's outage effected more people. Everyone on VZW 3G network wont notice a thing.

How does this help RIM? BIS being down took away push email, BBM and made some peoples browsers wonky. The LTE network being down just prevent 4G use. Hardly as crippling to a device as BIS being down.

Unless you just mean this helps to show that networks can go down at any time. I agree with that, but this doesn't help RIM or give them an excuse. Just like if my 3G network went down I wouldn't give VZW any excuses as well. Unless the tower by me was bombed or something and had nothing to do with them. lol
    10-19-11 10:03 PM
    Really? What 4G device on VZW can't fall back to 3G? That's odd.
    All of these mentioning not getting ANY data.

The night Verizon's 4G died | ZDNet
    The Droid boots. I look at the signal indicator, waiting for it to flip into 3G mode for about a minute or two. All I see is four bars of signal, with no data indicator. Nothing.
    Verizon's 4G LTE Network is Down Nationwide (Update: 3G Too) | TekGoblin
    Update: 3G Network Affected too.
    ]
    Verizon 4G LTE Down, Call Centers Swamped - No ETA On Repairs
    For many 4G users, 3G is also having issues, likely a side-effect caused by Verizon's 4G devices.

And like I said: The BB outage did - to an extent - hurt. The 4G problems take a little of the sting out though; even though it's minor in comparison.

i pity you if you think it's worthwhile to dissect and counter this response.
    Last edited by grahamf; 10-20-11 at 12:27 AM.
    10-20-11 12:17 AM
    Lol ok man. If one carrier in one country having problems with their LTE network and LTE devices (compared to the BIS outage being almost global) makes you feel better, enjoy. Have a nice night.
    10-20-11 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD