RIM are giving away �100 worth of free apps in the appworld
    but will they be giving them away for older devices? like devices that run on
    os5 ect..
    10-18-11 08:07 PM
    There was nothing in the announcement that would indicate that the gift applies to only OS 6 and above devices.

Research In Motion Offers Free Premium Apps to Customers Following Service Interruptions
    10-18-11 09:00 PM
    i have the 9105 im on app word 3
    and i have a app banner saying what its about and a link
    but no apps are in that banner
    10-18-11 09:03 PM
    i hope that over time all the free apps will appear in that banner
    i dont think i have the patience to go scan the store for them
    unfortunately vlingo is not available for my phone, vlingo pro
    would have been a good one
    10-18-11 09:11 PM
    hopefully they will read all these and do what the bb community wants them to do
    10-18-11 09:26 PM
    When the apps become available (which they were not when you posted this thread), they will show up on the front screen of App World.
    10-19-11 06:23 AM
    When the apps become available (which they were not when you posted this thread), they will show up on the front screen of App World.
    Yeah, looks like the only one that's been made available so far is Drivesafely Pro. I just downloaded it. Doesn't seem to play nicely with the Torch 9850 though. I'm still playing around with it, but the options page is almost completely un-navigable.
    10-19-11 07:14 AM
    just seen the drivesafe.ly in the "a thank you gift" banner so im glad they are going in ther so i dont have to scan the app world,im only downloading the ones i like or like the sound of,i dont like all these voice stuff,i had vlingo on my iphone,was gunna try it on this wen it came free but unfortunately vlingo isnt on the 9105
    10-19-11 08:45 AM
    RIM are giving away �100 worth of free apps in the appworld
    but will they be giving them away for older devices? like devices that run on
    os5 ect..
    RIM has no control over whether an application is available for any OS. It is the developer that makes the applications compatible for specific OS versions. However, I believe that RIM will be in talks with developers that have a wide range of OS compatibility just due to the immense world wide scale of the giveaway.

If you have questions about the compatibility of an application, just to to AppWorld from a PC and check.

For example. This first giveaway of DriveSafe.ly Pro shows it to be compatible with OS 4.5 and higher. The drop down list shows the 9105 (in you profile) as supported.

Free DriveSafe.ly Pro - Compliments of BlackBerry� - Download DriveSafe.ly Pro - Compliments of BlackBerry� - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

HTH
    10-19-11 11:48 AM
    the folk with older systems have the better deal here as most are not compatable on os7 yet
    10-19-11 11:51 AM
    Is it just me or has the give away stopped? 2 aps have shown up since it began and they were in the first 2 days. We are almost 7 days into the "give away" and nothing new... Any word on why?
    10-25-11 12:32 AM
    RIM indicated that the applications would be released gradually between October 19 and the end of November. Just be patient. Lots of time left.
    10-25-11 05:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD