Is everyone that has upgrade to OS 4.5 seeing a problem with low volume? I just did the upgrade yesterday and the volume on my Curve is just as loud as it has ever been.
    08-28-08 09:32 AM
    What is your question? You ask about low volume but says is as loud as ever.....
    08-28-08 09:49 AM
    My phone did not get louder with the 4.5 upgrade just like cipherdias didn't. I've heard that that was part of the upgrade. My volume has stayed the same. What gives?
    08-28-08 10:06 AM
    What is your question? You ask about low volume but says is as loud as ever.....
    Thought the question was pretty obvious but. I had noticed quite a number of people stating that they were having volume issues after doing the upgrade to OS 4.5 and was wondering if most people were seeing this problem. I was surprised that after the upgrade I didn't have the problem.
    08-28-08 10:06 AM
    I thought it was obvious too! I upgraded and my volume on videos really sucks. But, at least i can watch videos now where as before i couldnt. Im not sure if i should ***** or not. Hmm, haha
    08-28-08 12:39 PM
    My headset is clearer but lower during calls. However, the headset plays mp3s and videos loud as heck.

I can live with it. I yanked my battery with power off, and left it out for about 2 minutes. Seemed to help a little.

Also, I don't know if the Curve does it, but enhance the bass of the call. That helped a bit, too. IMO, It's not annoying enough for me to uninstall 4.5. Maybe they'll fix it in a future update. .77, perhaps?
    08-28-08 06:15 PM
    When I upgraded my volume was a lot lower...so I switched back to lower os..
    09-14-08 12:30 PM
    I had a lot lower volume and actually missed calls from work so until We can get a fix I am sticking with 4.2 I just wish I could have video with it.
    09-15-08 01:51 PM
    .77 seems to make it a little louder for the 8830. Still not 100%.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-08 06:08 AM
    I got .69 on an 8310 and the speaker volume when playing music got a lot lower.

09-17-08 02:49 PM
    I have a problem with my 8310, I upgraded to the 4.5.0.55 OS and the ringer volume has dropped by a huge margin!! anyone have a clue onhow to resolve this?? I have done a battery pull and still no resolution has been found. also if I may ask and I know everyone is tired of hearing the youtube question but I have to ask.. since I upgraded to the 4.5 i was able to watch maybe one video and the when I open a new one, it says invalid address... anyone know what thats about?? Please, can anyone help me with my issues??

Thanks
    09-17-08 06:09 PM
    4.5 made all my ringtones quieter, but .69 has gotten me close to where they were on 4.2
    09-17-08 06:23 PM
    I have the same problem since switching to the 4.5.....it sucks
    09-17-08 07:44 PM
    Well, the fix was never tested on a GSM Blackberry with 4.5, but it works on CDMA ones. Check out my ringer fix thread in the 8830 forum for the download and test it out if you're on 4.5.
    09-18-08 08:34 PM
    JRSC's fix worked like a charm for me once I upgraded to .77, RIM did something to raise the volume on only the "high" setting, but it sounds clipped. With JRSC's fix, the medium setting is just as loud but with no clipping.

Seems like in .77 RIM adjusted the gain too much on the ringtones for the high setting (which causes the clipping) instead of reproducing whatever it is that the fix video does or making the sound come out of both speakers like it does in the media player.
    09-19-08 10:48 AM
    I'm running .81 and my volume problem is when I'm playing mp3's through the speakerphone

09-23-08 12:50 PM
    In media, there is an option for "Audio Boost". This should boost the volume to a higher level if you haven't already enabled it.
    09-29-08 12:01 AM
    Yeah tried that. Still very low

09-29-08 07:53 AM
    In media, there is an option for "Audio Boost". This should boost the volume to a higher level if you haven't already enabled it.
    That has nothing to do with ringtone volume.

You can try running my ringer volume fix found in the sticky in the 8830 forum. Give it a try and see if it works on your phone. It was originally designed to fix the ringer issues for the 8830 device.
    09-29-08 09:08 AM
    Volume levels in OS 4.5 will be lower than pevious versions. There are reasons for this.

The green weenies strike again.

Various agancies both in the US and Europe have been petitioning for personal audio players to heve lower outputs due to supposed medical evidence of increased hearing impediment in those who listen to personal audio players.

Europe is the loudest petitioner with the UK at the forefront. Claims state that after a number of years of using devices, the high volume levels damage hearing beyond repair.

All recent iPod have reduced volime output and those shipped to Europe have even lower outputs.

RIM is following suit here, that's all.

There is a booster setting and I have an external booster amp that I bought on ebay. It is called a Boostaroo.
    10-25-08 08:12 PM
    When I download ringtone "Mission Impossible", the ring volume is a lot lower than the volume on the standard ringtones. What could be the problem or fix?
    10-26-08 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD