Wow, it is so nice to be back. I used my AT&T upgrade because I was soooo tired of waiting to hear ANYTHING about AT&T getting the Bold 9900, I went with the Torch 9800. That is a very nice device and pretty good screen, but the BOLD 9000 is so much better for me and the way I use a BB.

The keyboard was too narrow on the Torch and I did not like feeling like I was typing into a small ravine. I have large hands and the keys were just enough smaller than the 9000 to be annoying to me and the raised edge on three sides of the keyboard was a true hindrance. I also got tired of having to slide it open to get work done. I tried for a few weeks to use only the virtual keyboard, but it took up so much screen it bugged me. I like to go back and reread BBMs and SMS to stay well in context, sorry, I am VERY professional with my device; I spell out all words, use proper punctuation and proper capitalization all the time. With a full keyboard it is most easy to accomplish!

Touch was nice on the Torch's screen, but I never did get my brain and thumbs aligned. About 30% of the time I missed my intended icon or such when using the virtual keyboard. Scrolling was fine and dandy, but surprisingly the trackball is okay with me, although I did grow to really like the touchpad, that is why the 9900 is gonna be a killer for me!

I dropped my SIM into the 9000 and am rocking it since last night and cannot be happier. Also got a new battery for it from ShopCrackBerry.com and the BOLD is back in action.

Thanks to the good people at ShopCrackBerry and the Crackberry people, you all have helped keep my fire lit and kept me informed of all the gooey goodness that is BlackBerry.

Gonna try Delfteo's latest in the next day or two.

So glad to be back.
    10-17-11 03:41 PM
    Funny! I just pulled my 9000 out of the draw, charged it up and have been using it for the better of a week now. I alternate between it and the 9800. I really want to use the 9000 full time -- and probably would not upgrade to the 9900 -- were it not for the lack of memory. I've installed to many day-to-day apps on my 9800.
    10-17-11 07:12 PM
    I really do hope that AT&T gets the 9900. I know the form factor is exactly what I want and will use readily. I am giving my wife the 9800 and she will be able to upgrade around the time of the 9900, so I may get her upgrade, we'll see.

I am fortunate that my use is relatively simple and do not use a ton of apps, but it is bothersome to see only 20mb or so of free memory. That is the only downside to the 9900 in my opinion. You have a good situation to bounce back and forth, I just cannot get on board with the 9800. I gave it a few months and it just is not as smooth and efficient as the 9000 for my use.

Cheers!
    10-18-11 09:52 AM
    I did the same thing except I tried the 9810. It was really quick with other good features too but the one I had did have a terrible track pad problem. Glad to be back on the old simple 9000!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD