Since I got on the plane on Saturday, I have used nothing but my Playbook. Let me say awesome. I played golf,listened to music on my flight from Milwaukee to Tampa. The battery was over halfway charged after that. Yesterday I listened to the Packer game on Sirius Radio, read a book on Kobo,while relaxing by the pool. After the game, listened to music on Sirius for 3 hours.I also randomly checked Facebook and Twitter. This thing is awesome. My wife loves hers also. Thats all.
    10-17-11 02:45 PM
    I am going on vacation at the end of the month to see my new grandaughter in San Antonio. My PlayBook will be my companion. Hopefully by then with the new OS 2. Maybe even taking in a World Series game in Arlington...Go Cards!! If so, I'll be recording HD video and pics of the game on my PlayBook.
    10-17-11 02:49 PM
    Awesome. Definitely a cool device and as RIM calls it, a "viable laptop replacement". I get more and more use, functionality and enjoyment out of mine every day, and I'm hoping OS 2.0 will keep that momentum going even faster.
    10-17-11 02:49 PM
    Can't wait until I take "My Girl" on vacation. (My Girl = playbook)
    10-17-11 03:08 PM
    I bought my Playbook last May specifically because I was going on vacation then. Watched YouTube and NFB videos, read on Kobo, took lots of pictures, surfed the net, did FaceBook and handled email...it was great. And, thinking back to that time, it occurs to me the Playbook has come a pretty good way since then too [ I sure wish I'd had Vevo and Dead Space back at the beginning...]. The Playbook is just so much handier than a laptop...
    10-17-11 05:17 PM
    Im on vacation right now, leaving for four days. I was worried out "2" hitting the airwaves and me not being able to download it.

Going to a wifi hotspot doesn't appeal to me since the update might be quite large.

Guess I'll have to wait til I get home. Of course, if it is released!
    10-17-11 05:26 PM
    I used mine last week when I went to LA for our office relocation. Not only did it provide music while were were working and my email and internet needs, but I used it to configure our new Wifi routers, test the streaming and range. It worked great. It was also my companion when if I ate alone or when grabbing a couple of beers after work. I took pictures of the new office and started a video walkthrough but got interrupted.

On the way back, my flight was delayed, so I streamed "The Town" off of Maxgo.com and watched the whole movie, mostly while waiting but also the whole walk from the plane to the car.

A TSA agent asked me "Is that the PlayBook?" I said yes. He said "Did it get native email yet?" And I said hopefully, soon.
    10-17-11 05:38 PM
    Thank you everyone for your contributions.

as a new PB owner I'm looking for ways to integrate it into my routine.
    10-17-11 05:47 PM
    I used mine at our hotel over the weekend. I connected my PB to the HDTV and watched movies on Amazon Instant Video using my micro HDMI cable. I will be taking it on my next trip in two weeks and jury duty thereafter.
    10-17-11 06:21 PM
    Since I got on the plane on Saturday, I have used nothing but my Playbook. Let me say awesome. I played golf,listened to music on my flight from Milwaukee to Tampa. The battery was over halfway charged after that. Yesterday I listened to the Packer game on Sirius Radio, read a book on Kobo,while relaxing by the pool. After the game, listened to music on Sirius for 3 hours.I also randomly checked Facebook and Twitter. This thing is awesome. My wife loves hers also. Thats all.
    Does Sirius have an app for PlayBook? I know that XM doesn't work on the PB.

Mike
    10-17-11 06:36 PM
    How did you get sirius radio to play? sorry if this was already asked
    10-17-11 08:24 PM
    yea i love my pb and take it everywhere and will b by my side when i go on vacation
    10-17-11 08:39 PM
    I am going on vacation at the end of the month as well. I was hoping to have a couple of key apps when I go. I will survive without the apps. Just more interested on how the battery will handle on a 13 hour flight thats for sure.
    10-17-11 09:54 PM
    I think you can extend the battery life by dimming the brightness.
    10-17-11 10:03 PM
    I am going on vacation at the end of the month as well. I was hoping to have a couple of key apps when I go. I will survive without the apps. Just more interested on how the battery will handle on a 13 hour flight thats for sure.
    I doubt it would handle the flight if you keep doing something on it for all the time.
    I suggest inflight entertainment system + playbook for killing time
    pyroinsano likes this.
    10-18-11 02:21 AM
    I took my Playbook on holiday to France [from UK] in August, and with my PB tethering from my Bold 9700 the whole time, I was running my business on the go, making bank payments to suppliers, checking data on our internal systems, uploading new orders to our suppliers using 'docs to go' and 'dropbox', it was the easiest holiday I have had business wise thanks to the flexibility of the setup; we went with some friends and the guy has an iphone 4, but he was impressed with the PB/BB tethering set-up, and they were all gobsmacked when they discovered that I was making bank payments whilst sitting at a picnic bench in a pine forest in the middle of France, without any other external internet connection such as wifi!!
    10-18-11 02:41 AM
    I took my Playbook on holiday to France [from UK] in August, and with my PB tethering from my Bold 9700 the whole time, I was running my business on the go, making bank payments to suppliers, checking data on our internal systems, uploading new orders to our suppliers using 'docs to go' and 'dropbox', it was the easiest holiday I have had business wise thanks to the flexibility of the setup; we went with some friends and the guy has an iphone 4, but he was impressed with the PB/BB tethering set-up, and they were all gobsmacked when they discovered that I was making bank payments whilst sitting at a picnic bench in a pine forest in the middle of France, without any other external internet connection such as wifi!!
    Thanks for that info ..... did you use TEP as your roaming carrier?

If not, which carrier did you use?
    Last edited by Heavens1; 10-18-11 at 03:09 AM.
    10-18-11 03:07 AM
    I have a 7 hour flight from London to JFK on Sunday. Looking fwd to taking my playbookn across the Atlantic and enjoying every minute using it during the journey
    10-18-11 03:58 AM
    Thanks for that info ..... did you use TEP as your roaming carrier?

If not, which carrier did you use?
    Hi, I assume you mean which French carrier did I connect with? I am with Orange UK so my phone tended to steer itself towards Orange France, however when this was out of range, it sometimes switched over to SFR I noticed, not sure who TEP are, sorry??
    10-18-11 05:00 AM
    Hi, I assume you mean which French carrier did I connect with? I am with Orange UK so my phone tended to steer itself towards Orange France, however when this was out of range, it sometimes switched over to SFR I noticed, not sure who TEP are, sorry??
    Ahh, okay, I thought you might have bought a mifi type of data plan prior to leaving England. TEP is an English mifi provider that sells data packages that are inter-changeable on phone, laptop, netbook, tablet.

So did you use global roaming via your home telco?

(For info I contribute to a travel forum and info on using phone whilst travelling is a popular topic - so always on the lookout)
    10-18-11 05:08 AM
    Ahh, okay, I thought you might have bought a mifi type of data plan prior to leaving England. TEP is an English mifi provider that sells data packages that are inter-changeable on phone, laptop, netbook, tablet.

So did you use global roaming via your home telco?

(For info I contribute to a travel forum and info on using phone whilst travelling is a popular topic - so always on the lookout)
    Hi again, I did take a mifi unit with me for back up, an unlocked 3UK mifi unit with an Abroadband data sim in it, but I only used it for 3 days out of 10 as the mifi unit dropped all the configuartion settings and was useless, and I didn't have my laptop with me to reconfigure it, so I called up Orange UK and took up their Euro Traveller Daily deal of �7+VAT per day for 50MB of roaming data on my phone, and tethered that to the Playbook. In future I would proibably use that again, even at �7 a day as it was a more reliable connection, but if I switch UK carriers, I will look into going with Vodafone UK as they offer 25MB of euro roaming data per day [free!!] on pay monthly tariffs over certain values.
    10-18-11 05:26 AM
    Hi again, I did take a mifi unit with me for back up, an unlocked 3UK mifi unit with an Abroadband data sim in it, but I only used it for 3 days out of 10 as the mifi unit dropped all the configuartion settings and was useless, and I didn't have my laptop with me to reconfigure it, so I called up Orange UK and took up their Euro Traveller Daily deal of �7+VAT per day for 50MB of roaming data on my phone, and tethered that to the Playbook. In future I would proibably use that again, even at �7 a day as it was a more reliable connection, but if I switch UK carriers, I will look into going with Vodafone UK as they offer 25MB of euro roaming data per day [free!!] on pay monthly tariffs over certain values.
    Thanks!!!
    10-18-11 05:39 AM
    How did you get sirius radio to play? sorry if this was already asked
    I just use the web site. Its a little tricky, but if your patiant, it works.
    10-18-11 08:11 AM
    I bought my wife her own 32 Gb PB two weeks ago when they were on sale, plus a good set of Klipsch ear bud headphones. I, then loaded her PB with over 100 CD's, 4 of her favourite movies and 2 Kobo books.
    She flew down to Myrtle Beach this week with 5 other girls for a week of golf and .......!!!
    I'm leaving tomorrow for a round of golf on Firestone South in Akron on Thursday. I'm taking my 32Gb PB with me for our 6 hour car ride. I think it's great that I don't have to lug my laptop around anymore.
    10-18-11 12:36 PM
    I'm off to egypt next month dont want a BIG roaming bill at the end of it even over wifi you need your bb data on to use fb email etc not with pb you dont find myself a wifi bar / cafe off we go + albums movies books for the flight / pool & cant wait to video the landmarks
    10-18-11 02:18 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD