Upgraded this past Friday from my Tour to the 9930. So far, loving this phone.

Can't quite figure out when to use touchscreen vs trackpad. For example, when using the browser, I can zoom and pan, but it doesn't seem to allow you to select a link by pressing on the screen, only using the touchpad cursor.

Also, when typing with predictive text, I think that using my thumb to choose a word in the option list is faster than using the trackpad?

So, for all those with some experience with the 9900 and 9930, when and how are you using touchscreen vs trackpad.

BTW, I have been pleasantly surprised at battery life. Not as good as the Tour, but not bad at all, and far superior to the Thunderbolt I owned for 2 weeks (before returing it) this past summer.

-SMR
    10-17-11 11:37 AM
    For me I use the trackpad say when I want to click a link but don't feel like pinching asd zooming. But I also use the touchscreen for when browsing a web page because it allows me to scroll up and down faster. Mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 11:50 AM

Can't quite figure out when to use touchscreen vs trackpad. For example, when using the browser, I can zoom and pan, but it doesn't seem to allow you to select a link by pressing on the screen, only using the touchpad cursor.

Also, when typing with predictive text, I think that using my thumb to choose a word in the option list is faster than using the trackpad?

So, for all those with some experience with the 9900 and 9930, when and how are you using touchscreen vs trackpad.

BTW, I have been pleasantly surprised at battery life. Not as good as the Tour, but not bad at all, and far superior to the Thunderbolt I owned for 2 weeks (before returing it) this past summer.

-SMR
    Many of your statements are pretty good and have solid points to bring out. I have a 9930 and attimes I fond it easier in the browser to use my trackpad depending on what i am doing or going for.

The main thing since it is new to most of us and you especially just keep playing with different ways of selection in browsing until you become proficient and feel good about what you are doing. You will get it preety quick and then enjoy it even more.

Also so far in regards to battery life I am pretty much pleased with it as well and have my BB set up in all the different settings to maximize my battery as well. That is very important and something many people forget to do when they get a new device.
    10-17-11 12:11 PM
    Also so far in regards to battery life I am pretty much pleased with it as well and have my BB set up in all the different settings to maximize my battery as well. That is very important and something many people forget to do when they get a new device.

Jaguarr40

What types of things have you done to optimize the Battery Life for your BB?

Where I live I do not have 4G service . . . Not even 3G for that fact. However I have noticed that my battery life lasts almost two times as long while at home and using GPRS and WIFI rather that during the day while at work and having 4G service. The only apps I run are a Bible app and a couple of others like ESPN and Facebook. I still have to charge this Beast at least 2 times a day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-11 08:26 PM

-SMR
    I say don't think too much about it. Just pick it up and start using it. You will inevitably reach an equilibrium of screen/keybaord input combinations that works efficiently for you in all scenarios.

Enjoy!

A
    10-18-11 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD