View Poll Results: If a 3G Playbook is announced, would you ?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep your current WiFi only PB

86 97.73%
  • Replace your current PB for a 3G model

2 2.27%
    ... and it turns out that the new hardware that some retail locations have been telling folks is coming - is sort of true, in that 3G Playbooks are going to be released; how many of you would trade up from your current WiFi only PB, to a 3G+WiFi PB?

Just curious.

I honestly think the retail folks are confused, and it is just the new OS that will be preloaded, with new packaging and signage; hardware will be the same.
    10-17-11 08:15 AM
    It is all about the bridge and one data plan for me.
    10-17-11 11:24 AM
    Ditto.....
    10-17-11 11:39 AM
    Double Ditto.
    10-17-11 11:45 AM
    I would consider myself dumb if I did that. Why pay for the cow if the milk is free?
    10-17-11 11:54 AM
    I bought the playbook specifically because it was not 3g. The bridge is all - need and its great!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-17-11 11:58 AM
    Depends. If I could trade up to 3G but not be saddled with a contract and continue to tether I would do that. Gives me the flexibility to add 3G later.
    10-17-11 12:08 PM
    "Bridge", at one point in time was a major selling point. Now it isn't. it should be. RIM exec's IMO caved to the likes of ATT. Lets go RIM, get your **** together, start marketing better, make announcements, and keep your so many customers happy.
    10-17-11 12:15 PM
    What? Caved how? One carrier has a bridge app in appworld only that can easily be replaced by an OTA version that works just fine...
    10-17-11 12:45 PM
    I won't get a 3G one to pay for one more BlackBerry Plan or even a Generic Data Plan, I already own a FULL Unlimited Local Plan enabling me to do everything, even Youtube on the Smartphone, why would I pay for 2 then when I have BRIDGE
    10-17-11 12:59 PM
    3G model is critical for enterprise. Why? Remote manageability, wipe, etc. through BES. Pushing policy, etc. You can't do this with WiFi. From an enterprise perspective, we wont' touch the Playbook until it has 3G access.

Bridge is nice for consumers, but not for enterprise. (Your mileage will vary, of course)
    10-17-11 01:07 PM
    If the 3G model was noticeably difference in hardware then I would replace it for sure, but if it looks the same as anyone else's then I would just keep the wifi model. I only care about having the "new thing" if it looks different on the outside... That goes for anything (cars, tablets, blackberrys etc...)
    03-22-12 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD