I have wiped my 9900 and am trying to upgrade to 439 or 440 and keep getting this error

The blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Sodtware for the device you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator

Can someone please advice what to do, thanks
    10-16-11 09:51 PM
    try using the apploader seems to b a problem with bbsak
    10-17-11 09:08 PM
    there is 2 vendor.xml on OS 7, please find all of those files, and delete it, try to use search function on your windows.. remember, there is 2 vendor.xml files on your PC, if you only find 1 vendor.xml, try to unhide the files on folder option (open my computer, click organize on upper left windows, and click on folder and search option, after that goto "view" TAB, and tick "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" and then go to C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

hope this helps, good luck!
    Last edited by mupel; 10-17-11 at 10:45 PM.
    10-17-11 10:20 PM
    try using the apploader seems to b a problem with bbsak
    I am using Apploader after deleting the Vendor file in the same folder. But it seems there are two, will try to find the other one too.
    10-17-11 11:20 PM
    well for now seem to have solved the problem and managed to upgrade the software thanks everyone for your help and advice
    10-18-11 01:49 PM
    well for now seem to have solved the problem and managed to upgrade the software thanks everyone for your help and advice
    you are very welcome, enjoyyyy
    10-18-11 06:17 PM
    hi can someone help me please when I open the application loader wizard it keep saying The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator so what can i do please help me
    10-11-13 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD