Hey Guys. So the weather is pretty bad in here...

That's not the point.. The power was down in here.. So i bridged my PB with my 9700 and started working on my PB (browsing and writing).

After a couple of hours the power came back and I found myself expecting a response when i press my Laptop Screen. Ha ha! same thing happened when I has Using my Bold.

Buttom line is: Has it happened to you: when you use your playbook for a while and start using another non-touchscreen device and expect it to work when you press the screen?
    Jake Storm, f1mx, bquinney and 6 others like this.
    10-16-11 01:20 PM
    hahaha all the time. spoiled by the PB
    10-16-11 01:31 PM
    yup i did it with my laptop also the other day.... sort of embarrassing
    10-16-11 01:45 PM
    I catch myself doing that with my 9800. Every now and then i try to swipe across the screen to get it to wake up.
    klc99 and todbanner like this.
    10-16-11 01:49 PM
    I sometimes swipe up when trying to close applications
    todbanner likes this.
    10-16-11 01:50 PM
    ha ha lol i do this all the time with non bb screens... people think im nutz
    10-16-11 01:51 PM
    LOL! I do that all the time when playing with other tablets and cell phones! The gestures off of the QNX/PB tablet are definitely a more native/natural set of controls.
    10-16-11 02:20 PM
    LOL totally! There have been so many times i tried to wake my 9800 by swiping. And then there are times I try to scroll on my laptop with my finger
    10-16-11 02:23 PM
    hahaha yes, on the screen of my desktop....
    10-16-11 02:27 PM
    My best friend has an ipad... He Always laughs when I swipe instead of pressing the home button.
    10-16-11 02:29 PM
    I was used to using the Playbook before I got the iPhone 4S. I find myself swiping from the bottom to switch apps. Lol.
    blkyanni likes this.
    10-16-11 03:10 PM
    I still get yelled at by trying to wake my wife up by sliding my finger across her face.
    10-16-11 03:26 PM
    I find myself using swipe gestures on everything. Luckily I have a touch monitor at my desk in the office so people don't often realize whats happening. My son has an ipad and I always swipe up to dock the app I'm using in an attempt to multi-task. What a joke. I hope other manufacturers see how impressive it is and implament the technology. Soon, we PB owners may catch ourselves swiping the toaster, coffee pot or any other devices/appliances we come into contact with throughout our day. Maybe 2.0 will bring some new gestures?
    10-16-11 03:27 PM
    I still get yelled at by trying to wake my wife up by sliding my finger across her face.
    Lmao! So how's that mute swipe working for you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Revord likes this.
    10-16-11 03:32 PM
    Lmao! So how's that mute swipe working for you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'll let you know when I recover from the bite. In all seriousness though, I do find myself swiping from the bezel to try and bring up the tabs in the fb browser.
    Abrante likes this.
    10-16-11 03:42 PM
    Too, too funny!!!!

But yes, I now just swipe everything without thinking until I realize that not everything is as good as a PB . . .

. . . and so I sigh and remain patient with the lower devices.
    10-16-11 03:44 PM
    Buttom line is: Has it happened to you: when you use your playbook for a while and start using another non-touchscreen device and expect it to work when you press the screen?
    Always
    10-16-11 03:52 PM
    I do it all the time on my laptop or wifes phone. I stared at her Curve for a bit last week trying to figure out how to open her email in a fog. She laughs at me when I do that. Between my PB and Torch...
    10-16-11 04:14 PM
    Yes. I admit to pressing the screen of my notebook computer sometimes immediately after having used my tablet for a period of time. I almost tried pressing on the message icon on my smartphone too but caught myself before my finger made contact
    10-16-11 04:54 PM
    A friend of mine bought a low (and I really mean low) end tablet off ebay and I was trying a few PB gestures, none of them worked. In fact, not even the gestures that were mentioned in the user manual worked lol. I wish I was lying!
    10-16-11 05:23 PM
    Oh yea, its happened quite a few times. I also look around to see if anyone is looking
    10-16-11 05:37 PM
    this happens to me all the time.. even more so since i have a torch.. i always touch non touchscreen stuff thinking it wud do something
    10-16-11 05:49 PM
    I saw a video the other day of a baby trying to swipe on a magazine to change the page. I thought wow, that is going to become more common.
    10-16-11 05:51 PM
    I always do it with my 9700. I either touch the screen or swipe it trying to use it right after, or in conjunction with using my pb.
    10-16-11 06:05 PM
    I've gone back to my iPad (for Netflix) after many months only using my PB. Find i'm constantly swiping through the bezel - always takes a second for me to realize why it's not responding. iPad is so archaic!
    10-16-11 06:17 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD