Ive done a search for this already,
    As it seems like a common problem, i dont want to change my phone, go through all the customisation and Os upgrade again for it to start happening again.
    So is it possible for me to change the trackpad? have the parts been made yet for the 9900?

Thanks for your help.
    10-16-11 12:52 PM
    You haven't indicated exactly what the issue is...so how about telling us what the problem is with the trackpad scrolling up?
    10-16-11 01:25 PM
    That is the problem, the trackpad scrolls up...all by itself.
    I see a few other members on the forum have the same problem, and i had it on my old blackberry, but not as often.
    10-16-11 01:57 PM
    Sounds like hardware - I used to see this with the trackball on older phones. Can't you return it for exchange?
    10-16-11 02:41 PM
    does it happen when you in browser ?
    mine did , but mostly when in browser.
    10-16-11 03:12 PM
    Tap it once or use the space bar to scroll. It happens because the cursor thinks your opening the address bar. I don't think its a flaw. And may be self inflicted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-11 04:24 PM
    I noticed that the cursor moves when my thumb is hovering above the trackpad, but not touching. Must be something with the camera/lighting.

10-16-11 04:51 PM
    I noticed that the cursor moves when my thumb is hovering above the trackpad, but not touching. Must be something with the camera/lighting.

yup thats exactly what happen to mine too
    still think its a software bugs though.
    not hardware.
    10-17-11 02:44 PM
    I took it back in the end and got another one.
    This one works like a charm.
    Was a hardware problem, apparently quite common.
    Considered taking it apart myself as i was quite fond of my new toy, but bit the bullet, backed it up and took it back

First shop wouldnt take it, saying i had to get it to do the fault whilst i was there (unfortunately my phone seemed to get stage fright)
    Took it to same store but different location (Carphone warehouse) and the guy in there exchanged it straight away.
    Awesome.
    Thanks anyway
    10-17-11 02:49 PM
    I think I am going to exchange mine. When I scroll down in facebook, twitter, homescreen menu, pictures, it will sometimes jump up or to the left. Very annoying even if infrequent.
    10-17-11 04:14 PM
    Try OS 7.0.0.440.

I've seen 3 TMo 9900's do this and all were running .250. I think I saw the same issue on mine when I first got it, but I soon upgraded to .440 and haven't noticed it as a problem.

What I do see sometimes is when a page loads new information, the cursor will sometimes jump to the top of screen. I think this is unrelated to the trackpad itself. FB and BB News apps are good examples. Doesn't happen every time though but often enough to be noticeable.
    Last edited by claykin; 10-17-11 at 07:56 PM.
    teeuwen likes this.
    10-17-11 07:52 PM
    yea sometimes its the sensitivity of the trackpad but it might b the build also not sure just my two cents
    10-17-11 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD