Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I've not seen it anywhere.

Pixelmags, the people that power all the magazines for iOS newstand is coming soon to Playbook! They don't mention a date on the site, but most likely I would guess it will
    Come around the time of os 2.0 and if RIM have any sense it will be built in.

Luckily as the apps and web version all use the same systems, it means allthe same mags should be available... And as it takes off more on iOS it means we get all the goodness too. Winner!
    10-15-11 04:14 PM
    This is awesome! alot of great things are coming to the Playbook! Its about damn time! lol
    jmarkey77 and bcbbanga4l like this.
    10-15-11 04:37 PM
    Nice, I don't really read magazines but my buddy loves them. We both have Playbooks and this is just another nice plus for it.
    10-15-11 04:41 PM
    Great news! Hopefully Zinio becomes available soon too!
    pyroinsano likes this.
    10-15-11 07:33 PM
    Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I've not seen it anywhere.

Pixelmags, the people that power all the magazines for iOS newstand is coming soon to Playbook! They don't mention a date on the site, but most likely I would guess it will
    Come around the time of os 2.0 and if RIM have any sense it will be built in.

Luckily as the apps and web version all use the same systems, it means allthe same mags should be available... And as it takes off more on iOS it means we get all the goodness too. Winner!

Its on their website and everything ... Playbook is getting the good stuff quicker and quicker . I lovin my playbook even more.

http://www.pixelmags.com/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bigpolla04; 10-15-11 at 08:42 PM.
    bcbbanga4l, JPMorgan_ and LuayS like this.
    10-15-11 07:59 PM
    Its on their website and everything ... Playbook is getting the good stuff quicker and quicker . I lovin my playbook even more.

PixelMags - Magazine & Catalog Application Distribution

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Oh my god - I can't believe that a major publisher has actually included a large Coming Soon on Blackberry Playbook notice on their website. I am impressed. Now the race is on to see if what comes first - Zinio, which has been tweeting "its coming soon" for over 6 months or PixelMags.

My wallet is open to whoever is first.
    10-15-11 11:00 PM
    As an aside, did people download the relay.com app? I think it allows you to buy and read magazines in French...
    10-16-11 12:42 AM
    This is awesome! alot of great things are coming to the Playbook! Its about damn time! lol
    Agreed, - I was about 60% convinced I was buying an iPad 3 next year. Now I'm back down to 45%. Mostly hoping BB comes out with a smokin hot QNX phone to hold me over with good turn by turn direction apps.
    10-16-11 08:13 AM
    I spend well over $150 a year on magazines and would love to move that to the playbook. I used zinio on my pc for a while but canceled it when the 2nd round of comming soon news hit. I would like to give zinio my money again, as its a good service but will give my $$$$$ to the company that delivers a playbook app first.
    Last edited by teamfoster03; 10-16-11 at 10:10 PM.
    10-16-11 10:41 AM
    Awesome.... Here cometh the apps
    10-16-11 12:46 PM
    I was hoping for something like this to come now I cant wait.
    10-16-11 04:05 PM
    Nothing really new to report for Pixelmags except that there was a tweet on November 3rd (meant to post it earlier) indicating that the Playbook version is coming soon. Has anyone received any feedback from Pixelmags that gives any hints as to when coming soon is?
    11-19-11 12:33 AM
    Yeah, it's taking a while. At least Pixelmags' website says:

BlackBerry Playbook
    COMING SOON!

That's right, on the BlackBerry Playbook. Just one more reason to get excited about content distribution. What are you waiting for? Go on, push the button!
    11-19-11 12:54 AM
    Received a tweet from them this morning, Nov 21st, saying the following "We are in the testing phases and its coming soon".
    11-21-11 10:05 AM
    Hi everyone,

If your not following Pixelmags, you may have missed their latest tweet about their Playbook. This link should take you to their tweet (I hope): Twitter

In the tweet, there is a picture showing the Playbook along with the message "we are coming for you soon".

Nice to see that they their app is still coming out
    Jeep_YJ likes this.
    11-29-11 10:08 PM
    Hi everyone,

FYI:

Just received a tweet 30 minutes ago from Pixelmags saying the following: "Pixelmags will be available on Playbook" and then a link to the following website: PixelMags is at the 2012 BlackBerry DevCon Europe! | PixelMags Inc. Blog
    JPMorgan_ likes this.
    02-07-12 01:42 PM
    Just a quick update if you dont follow Pixelmags via Twitter. They have updated their Blog to indicate that they are at Mobile World Congress, posted some pictures from the Blackberry booth, and have mentioned that they are feverishly working on a Playbook app: PixelMags Inc. Blog

No date has been forthcoming, sadly, as yet as to a release date but the app is still on its way
    02-27-12 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD