i went to bestbuy a little while ago and i couldnt believe i saw a blackberry rep showing off the playbook. i have never seen him in bestbuy before. so of course i walked up to him and engaged in a conversation with the rep. he told me that he cant believe how no one from bestbuy was ever trained in the playbook and the employees were asking him how to use it. i asked him if he was really from blackberry or from bestbuy and so he showed me his blackberry id card. he told me he doesnt believe 2.0 will be out next week and said a new playbook will be coming out soon as well. he also said if he had to choose another tablet besides blackberry he would choose the new samsung galaxy tab lol... take it for what its worth..
    Jake2826 and greeneink like this.
    10-14-11 06:24 PM
    With close to a million PlayBooks sitting in warehouses I really hope there isn't a new one on the horizon. Just get the original up and competing.

As for the RIM rep, thats some positive news. Hopefully they will be rolled out to more stores, and maybe this time they will be actual Rim employees.
    10-14-11 06:29 PM
    i was bummed out when he told me that there was a new one coming out soon
    10-14-11 06:31 PM
    The hardware on the original is very good even 6 months after launch in my opinion. I am looking forward to what OS 2 brings. Its good to hear that BB actually has reps going out to the retail stores. Maybe this will happen more often and they will actually start moving more Playbooks off the shelves. Thanks for the post OP.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 06:36 PM
    better not be a new one
    LuayS likes this.
    10-14-11 06:37 PM
    better not be a new one
    IF there is a new one I hope its a 10" just to give people options. If its a more potent 7" thats going to upset a lot of people...unless its just a 7" with 3G/4G and otherwise same specs, then I don't give a rip.
    10-14-11 06:40 PM
    I'd go a new one...I love new gadgets... :-)
    10-14-11 06:44 PM
    i'd get the new one too lol its just disappointing if a new one comes out
    10-14-11 06:49 PM
    I wonder if by "new one" he means a 3G model.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    10-14-11 06:52 PM
    i asked him if it was a 3g model and he said no
    10-14-11 06:55 PM
    That's too bad. IMO, a lot more people would consider a Playbook if they didn't need to either have a BlackBerry or WiFi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 06:59 PM
    he told me the new playbook would be out before the end of the year
    10-14-11 07:21 PM
    There is something about this here...

I just so happened to be at bestbuy (Canada) today and i couldnt help to overhear (well maybe i was evesdropping at this point a little) a conversation with a customer and a rep.

This girl was actually suggesting buying a playbook and was definatelly steering this man towards a playbook although he was hoping for a bigger screen she immediatelly told him the PB is way more portable in its size and was designed that way.

Anyways to the point of the OP, I also heard her talking about how they had a rep in the afternoon doing a presentation of the playbook in store and was showing it off and educating the sales reps on it

This is Def good news! I didnt hear anything about a new PB or any other true/not true storries someone may have been telling the OP but in any case this is very good news! I wanted to kiss the girl she sold him the PB
    Jake2826 and greeneink like this.
    10-14-11 09:50 PM
    WOW a Blackberry Rep in a retail store?? **** must have frozen over, its a about time RIM. IMO.....before releasing a new tablet RIM needs to get this one right.
    10-14-11 10:03 PM
    WOW!
    Now that is shocking news. Maybe RIM is reading Crackberry after all.
    10-14-11 10:11 PM
    With close to a million PlayBooks sitting in warehouses
    That "close to a million sitting in warehouses" 800,000? was before the recent discounts. I would like to hear a new figure.

If this developing poll is any indication. I am guessing more than half of all Playbooks sold have been sold since after that figure came out and after the discounts appeared, about a month ago.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...61/index2.html
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-14-11 at 10:20 PM.
    10-14-11 10:15 PM
    he was telling me that he watches the best buy reps and when someone asks them about a tablet the best buy employees never show them the playbook and thats because none of them are familiar with it..its a real shame
    10-14-11 10:17 PM
    I was also at the Best Buy in queens mall located in the elmhurst section of queens ny. Well I asked the rep about new software and hardware and she had no idea when it will be available. Oh well.

It was welcoming site to see her there anyway.
    10-14-11 10:42 PM
    I would love to see a new playbook later on not to soon but with a body design similar to the bold 9900's with a aliminum band. I personally think that would be a very good looking device and would look a little better then the playbooks design now. Just my personal opinion. Mike
    Blackberry_boffin likes this.
    10-14-11 10:44 PM
    WOW!
    If they don't, it's at their own peril~
    Jake2826 likes this.
    10-14-11 10:54 PM
    If they come out with a new playbook, I'll be pissed! Not gonna lie.

Already upset at being an early adopter and spending so much more money than others. But that being said I do love the device...it'll just make it easier to realize I might have made a mistake...
    10-14-11 11:18 PM
    i would hope that they would have to get this one right before they make a second playbook. i would be upset
    10-14-11 11:30 PM
    I don't mind the rep saying that a new one is coming out. We have atleast 4 months after they announce it for it to actually materialize and become a reality. The current PB was announced in Q3 of 2010 and was released Q2 of 2011. Even if they announce a new model on Tuesday (highly unlikely), it wont be out til atleast Feb (at the very least). Also, I would believe that RIM will attempt to work out their downfalls on this initial version and make it a viable competitor in order to position the next generation to compete with the Apple's and singing Sam's (Samsung) of the world on price and features. Staples employees thought the PB was a phone (when I was calling in to track a PB down two weeks ago) for god sake, it'll be nuts for RIM to jump the gun this soon. That's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Abrante; 10-14-11 at 11:36 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-14-11 11:34 PM
    That "close to a million sitting in warehouses" 800,000? was before the recent discounts. I would like to hear a new figure.

If this developing poll is any indication. I am guessing more than half of all Playbooks sold have been sold since after that figure came out and after the discounts appeared, about a month ago.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...61/index2.html
    that close to 800k was prior to the sale and the "200k" shipped did not actually mean "sold". I myself would like to see an updated figure. I returned my 16gb in exchange for the 32gb and exchanged my first 2 (32gb) 1 had way too many dust particles under the screen and the second had 3 really bright pixels that were in less than desireable locations. I have dealt with the mishaps and continued with the PB because it is a really nice tablet, had to let that out...
    10-14-11 11:43 PM
    WOW!
    This, that thread about should RIM open their own stores; many of us suggested just placing reps in the existing retail locations.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    10-15-11 12:44 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD