View Poll Results: Do you use your FF Camera?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 21.43%
  • Sometimes

14 25.00%
  • Never

30 53.57%
    I haven't used my FF camera on my PB since day 1 when I was trying all the stuff out. My wife has an iPhone 4 and never uses it either. I'm beginning to think the FF Camera fad will get exposed eventually and seen as a waste of money.
    10-14-11 01:53 PM
    you've used it one day more than me. I don't see myself using it unless either Skype is available or someone else I know buys a PB.
    10-14-11 02:09 PM
    Don't use the FFC, never even tried it; and I think I've used the RFC maybe once just to see how it worked. I don't understand the point of any camera on the bulkier form factor of a tablet when they come on virtually every phone. Now I'm curious to know if anybody has used it. FFC maybe, if you're into video conferencing and don't have any other option. But a tablet is hardly the kind of device to always have handy when you need to snap a pickie.
    10-14-11 02:17 PM
    I tried it out when I first got my PB because I was playing with all of the features. I really have no use for it still because I'm still the only person I know with a PB so I can't video chat. Honestly I'd love a skype app but I'm not so sure that I'd prefer to use that over my laptop unless of course I wasn't at my apt. I guess it could be great for people taking myspace-esque pictures of themselves to post online...
    10-14-11 02:26 PM
    I would only use the FFC if I were using video chat.
    Unfortunately, I haven't tried the video chat app for PB yet.
    10-14-11 03:45 PM
    i have used the FFC maybe 10-12times since release for video chat/conference. Worked out nicely. Used the Defender cover/stand and was very surprised how it well it went the first time around. Now, when we have job failures due to circumstances outside our control, we use the FFC for video chat to show what type of damaged was done to our equipment.
    10-14-11 04:05 PM
    Haven't and wouldn't on any other device, don't use it on my laptop unless maybe some sexy thing want to sexdeo or something on it.
    10-14-11 04:10 PM
    I use it on my device with Skype. Love it.
    10-14-11 04:15 PM
    I think I tested it out once.
    10-14-11 04:55 PM
    I tested it out once using Skype via imo.im but the video quality was pretty bad. Until there's a Skype app, I don't see myself using it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-11 05:17 PM
    I can't see myself using it. Text messaging is enough for me after talking to people all day.
    10-14-11 05:35 PM
    I use mine enough to justify its existence on my PB. My daughter gets a kick of looking at herself "live", she is 2 years old BTW. As SteelGreek also mentioned, the FFC is also good for those that want to quickly update their picture on FB or any other social network, n/a to me.
    Last edited by Abrante; 10-14-11 at 10:39 PM.
    10-14-11 09:04 PM
    Yes, all the time for video chat :P, this is probably one of my fav features on the playbook. I can talk to my son while away for work, as well as my wife afterhours when shes getting ready for bed
    10-14-11 09:32 PM
    I tested it once, but haven't used it for video chat .....yet
    10-14-11 09:48 PM
    Like Abrante, my 3yo loves seeing himself. So it gets a bit of a work out.
    10-14-11 09:58 PM
    You guys are missing something...

I actually use it almost everday... in the morning, before I get up from the bed, I use it see if I need to remove some particles from my eyes... I use it before getting out in a crowd to see if I need to re-comb my hair... I use it before entering a meeting to see if my tie is still in place... I use it when my date is about to arrive to check if something caught between my teeth... and so on... I even use it one time when someone broke my car's left side mirror to do the reverse thing..
    10-14-11 11:07 PM
    I use mines often as well too... it's one of the better front cameras I have seen on a tablet.
    10-14-11 11:11 PM
    I have used it to record myself playing music so I can see and hear myself before making an *** of myself.
    10-14-11 11:27 PM
    I have used it to record myself playing music so I can see and hear myself before making an *** of myself.
    you should use the rear one so you can record yourself in 1080p -.-'

i've used the front camera like 4 times to try out videochat with a friend of mine, or to see if someones spying on me from the back..... O.O!
    10-15-11 12:22 AM
    I wonder what the results of this would be if there was a skype app?
    10-22-11 10:47 AM
    Ok, what video chat is everyone using?
    10-22-11 10:54 AM
    I wonder what the results of this would be if there was a skype app?
    Seriously. Cant believe there is no skype app yet.
    10-22-11 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD