Okay, so I was poking around OPTIONS in CONTACTS the other day and I changed the default "Sort By:" from "First Name" to "Last Name". Immediately, my e-mails now showed the senders Last Name, First Name and even my incoming calls were displayed this way. Right away I could tell I didn't like this. It doesn't look good to me.

So, I went back into CONTACTS > OPTIONS and I changed it back to sort by "First Name" -- just the way that it was. My Contact List is fixed. It sorts all of my contacts by first name, but my e-mails still show the sender as: Last Name, First Name and my incoming calls show Last Name, First Name. Ugh....this is driving me crazy. Why won't it change back?

I've tried a couple of battery pulls. It doesn't fix things for me. I find it particularly strange since my Contact List is back to normal. Is there another setting somewhere? I know I didn't change anything else, but maybe I need to check another option somewhere? I just can't seem to find it, if an option exists.

Thanks!
    ALB

EDIT: Oh, I should have added that I'm using a Bold 9650 on OS 6.0.0.524
    Last edited by alb123; 10-13-11 at 07:03 PM.
    10-13-11 06:52 PM
    I don't believe that there are any other settings other then where you went to do it in the first place to sort and where you went back to the same place to place it back.

Give it a few days and maybe a few more battery pulls.... Now I am the lst person to tell anyone or suggest to wipe your device to fix problems but if all else fails you may have to thing about doing this and relaoding your OS to get back to factory default. I hope you don't have to but you might need to.
    10-13-11 07:09 PM
    I've been thinking the same thing...might need a wipe to fix this damn problem. UGH!

My device has been acting up lately anyway. Something isn't right. I get these intermittent pauses like every 15 or 20 seconds whether I'm typing out a long txt/email or I'm scrolling around a website. It's so annoying. I haven't been keeping up with BlackBerry 9650 news lately. I'm going to pop over to the forum and see if there are any complaints about this particular OS version.

Thanks for your advice. I have a feeling you might be right and that's going to be the only way to get it back to the way that it was. That's what I get for poking around!

-ALB
    10-13-11 07:15 PM
    You don't need to wipe it. Here's how you can change it to display first name last name:

- Go to Options --> Typing and Input -->Language
    - Change 'Global Name Display' to "First, Last"
    - Save changes

You are done!!

Hope it helps..

Thanks,
    Milind
    cliffdunaway likes this.
    11-21-11 01:45 AM
    That fixed the problem! Thank you very much!!
    12-04-11 08:10 PM
    You don't need to wipe it. Here's how you can change it to display first name last name:

- Go to Options --> Typing and Input -->Language
    - Change 'Global Name Display' to "First, Last"
    - Save changes

You are done!!

Hope it helps..

Thanks,
    Milind
    Thanks, mivishnu!

I had a friend that was First, Last and he wanted Last, First.
    Your answer was exactly what was needed!

Cliff
    03-20-12 07:18 AM
    Thanks Milind

It works for me otherwise I m ready to wipe all your post save my time and data

thanks again

Mahesh
    04-28-15 09:16 AM
    Holy thread resurrection Batman!!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD