To the fellowship of crackberryness!

How tough is your Bold? I have to ask and get some feedback from the community- my bold is an absolute weakling! Mine is an old ebay job- lost iphone brought this cheap off ebay and actually really liked it.

It is very fragile though- so far I've had to change the housing, mute button, new keypad, new back cover etc. I thought I should just get rid but mate gave me his old bold for parts so I just kept it. Feels like I'm running a classic car at times though- you just never know what the next little knock will do to it. My work bb is the 8800 and man that is tough as nails- chucked it about used it to prop open a door you name it the 8800 is the dogs bollocks.
    Maybe cos it isn't acually mine I treat it different. But the Bold, man that is fragile.

Who else finds their Bold is a bit soft or is it just me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 04:04 AM
    I've heard either way it might depend on who owned it before you and if they took good care of it or not

10-13-11 10:15 AM
    How tough is your Bold?
    Pretty tough.

I use a gel slip on cover on mine. I've knocked it off the table and dropped it many times and everything still works. Although today after it fell out of my shirt pocket (without the gel cover on) it gave me a "fatal error" code for my sd card. Did a battery pull and put the gel cover back on, , and presto, it's back to normal.
    10-15-11 01:01 AM
    Lucky! I'm hoping this bold will keep it together for a few more months till I can upgrade to the 9900- fingers crossed!

10-15-11 02:26 PM
    One word.....Otterbox
    10-15-11 10:29 PM
    my bold is tough as f***! i have never put a case on it and don't feel the need to put one on! i have dropped this beast countless times, ive lost it in some weird places, ive taken it with me in my travels around the globe and yet this thing is still shining! a few knicks arounx the chrome bezel, but everything else seems brand new.

love the 9k
    10-19-11 12:01 AM
    my bold good condition guyz
    10-29-11 05:41 PM
    I accidentally ran over my Bold 9000 with my car shortly after getting it three years ago. I replaced the screen and have used it ever since. It's got a few scratches on the case but otherwise works great. One tough phone
    11-09-11 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD