hey guys, there's a bunch of new games live at app world

-asphalt 6
    -modern combat 2
    -star front:collision hd
    -real football 2011

judging from the prices, I think they are all native... wooow, what a way to start my morning
    10-11-11 04:33 PM
    oh, and n.o.v.a 2 hd... it's 447 mb, even bigger than dead space....
    10-11-11 04:35 PM
    You forgot UNO HD These games look sooo good.
    After the last few months I feel like I just found the oasis in the desert
    towz4u likes this.
    10-11-11 04:43 PM
    all gameloft games goodess are here.ohlala
    10-11-11 05:45 PM
    i tried to buy modern combat 2 but error occured.whats up?maybe error from the server?
    10-11-11 05:56 PM
    Anyone have reviews for any of these games? They all look so good... most interested in Real Soccer though.
    10-11-11 06:06 PM
    Are you telling me that the one day I leave my Playbook at home is the one day that UNO HD is released and that Gameloft has released other games onto the Playbook? I could kick myself now - can't wait to get home tonight.
    Dr.Deebs likes this.
    10-11-11 06:08 PM
    Note to all developers: LET US TRY BEFORE WE BUY, otherwise put video demos up so that we can see the actual app experience or gameplay before users drop their hard-earned cash. At the end of the day, a user who feels deceived or uninformed is going to leave a negative review which will hurt sales in the longrun. It's just smart business!
    bquinney likes this.
    10-11-11 06:19 PM
    Just go to www.gameloft.com for videos...

Demos require new code, new submissions, etc.

Appworld doesn't support video previews so...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    klc99 likes this.
    10-11-11 06:23 PM
    I wonder how multiplayer works, does it have to connect to the internet or could the playbook host its own game with wifi..
    10-11-11 06:23 PM
    Note to all developers: LET US TRY BEFORE WE BUY, otherwise put video demos up so that we can see the actual app experience or gameplay before users drop their hard-earned cash. At the end of the day, a user who feels deceived or uninformed is going to leave a negative review which will hurt sales in the longrun. It's just smart business!
    Gameloft doesn't offer demos on Android, either, but they generally put out good stuff.
    10-11-11 06:30 PM
    I like them, but I'm practically only limited to one or two. My dam memory is running low, and am forced to go delete my least used apps/games.
    10-11-11 06:34 PM
    I am not much of a game player, but I'm kind of curious about the soccer game. Can one of you please buy it first and report back?
    10-11-11 06:36 PM
    Gameloft doesn't offer demos on Android, either, but they generally put out good stuff.
    They put out good stuff because they essentially rip off other games and re-release as close to an identical concept and look as possible under a different name, lol (some of the assets even look so similar you could swear they copied it exactly).

For the most part you already know what you're getting because they are clones of existing, popular games as much as possible without getting sued..
    10-11-11 06:37 PM
    I like them, but I'm practically only limited to one or two. My dam memory is running low, and am forced to go delete my least used apps/games.
    That is one problem. On Android, most of the games require extra data downloads over wifi to start. So... you need some serious space. They don't make them to be saved to SD, but I forced them on mine.

Make sure you all understand the re-downloading policies too.
    Bulldawg and Kobol like this.
    10-11-11 06:39 PM
    Can anyone confirm whether or not these games play fullscreen or if they are really cropped to a 1x1 ratio like the screen shots? Thanks!
    10-11-11 07:57 PM
    Can anyone confirm whether or not these games play fullscreen or if they are really cropped to a 1x1 ratio like the screen shots? Thanks!
    Gameloft seems to have messed up all of their screenshots. They are full screen.
    10-11-11 08:17 PM
    From the little I have played Real Soccer it seems to play very well. Now i am not a gamer by any means and I own an N64 and a PS2 so im not sure how it stacks up to new games, but the controls are intuitive and easy to learn, the came runs smoothly with no hiccups or anything like that. The only things that i have noticed are that the crowd for the most part is just colored dots (who cares) and there doesnt seem to be a way to manually switch between players. It does, however, do a good job knowing which player you want based on your "joystick" inputs. Im loving playing this game - it really displays the playbooks power!!

***edit*** scratch that player switching comment! Just found the option to do it manually! So basically this is just a sweet app!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kmcobra64; 10-11-11 at 08:54 PM.
    Locrian_Mode likes this.
    10-11-11 08:47 PM
    Unfortunately, I'll have to recommend you hold off on N.O.V.A. 2 HD at this time. I bought it and it is crashing when I try to start a new game. Anyone else seeing this issue? I have emailed Gameloft Support and will let you all know what I hear back.

Can anyone else please report if it is working or not for you?

Thanks!
    10-11-11 08:48 PM
    I just put a review up on app world for modern combat 2. That game rocks! The graphics are awesome and the controls work great. Definitely my favorite game to date! Buy it...you will not be disapointed.

ericrangel76 likes this.
    10-11-11 09:18 PM
    I just put a review up on app world for modern combat 2. That game rocks! The graphics are awesome and the controls work great. Definitely my favorite game to date! Buy it...you will not be disapointed.

I agree with Malachi. Just downloaded modern combat 2 and the game is pretty awesome. the graphics are great and i havent had any problems with controls or game play. i havent played the multiplayer game.
    10-11-11 09:43 PM
    i cant buy any of this game because i get this error id:11300 any thoughts on this pls.
    10-11-11 09:48 PM
    I've had my playbook about two months ago and I upgraded a Bold 9780 to the 9900 about 3 weeks ago. I was starting to think I'd made a wrong decision backing BB after being an iPhone fanatic for years. I knew devcon was around the corner but I was starting to get impatient. I almost took my Playbook into town today but my gf convinced me not to... and then I came home and fell in love with it all over again after downloading a few Gameloft and EA offerings.
    I know this hardware is still in it's infancy and hopefully OS 2.0 will solve a lot of the teething problems, but it is SO good to see this pocketable powerhouse garner some support from the higher echelons of mobile game development. So much so, I had to create my Crackberry account and join you all on here to share in, what I hope will be, the start of a golden opportunity for RIM to carve it's own niche in the market instead of constantly compared to it's competitors.

As for the games - from what I've played so far, Black Pegasus and Real Football are as silky smooth as they were on the iPad - I'd even go so far as to say they look even better on the 7" screen, not to mention the Playbook is much more comfortable to hold for FPS action. Asphalt 6 isn't quite as glossy as the screenshots make out but way more entertaining than the rather dated NFS Undercover shipped with the tablet. And I know it's a few days old now but Let's Golf 2 is probably one of the nicest looking games I've loaded up yet, with the exception of Dead Space.

So there you have it. One solidly happy customer. One new forum member. One vindicated BB convert.
    10-11-11 09:53 PM
    Unfortunately, I'll have to recommend you hold off on N.O.V.A. 2 HD at this time. I bought it and it is crashing when I try to start a new game. Anyone else seeing this issue? I have emailed Gameloft Support and will let you all know what I hear back.

Can anyone else please report if it is working or not for you?

Thanks!
    the game seems to be memory intensive as i had the same issue. when it crashed out i had the internet browser opened so i closed that and the game started just fine. it automatically made a save point so i continued from there even though it was essentially the starting of the game.

FYI i was able to play with my phone bridged to my playbook but no other windows were open during time of play.
    Mojoski likes this.
    10-11-11 10:02 PM
    the game seems to be memory intensive as i had the same issue. when it crashed out i had the internet browser opened so i closed that and the game started just fine. it automatically made a save point so i continued from there even though it was essentially the starting of the game.

FYI i was able to play with my phone bridged to my playbook but no other windows were open during time of play.
    Thanks for the input! I just gave it a try with my Bluetooth off and all other apps closed and it seems to be working!
    10-11-11 10:30 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD