So came across the Anandtech article:

AnandTech - iPhone 4S Preliminary Benchmarks: ~800MHz A5, Slightly Slower GPU than iPad 2, Still Very Fast

The new Blackberry devices are obviously missing from the list.

Using my Bold 9900 (7.0.0.353) as the test device, I obtained:

3221.2ms Sunspider Javascript Benchmark 0.9
    54702 Rightware Browsermark

This would place the Bold 9900:
    3rd on the Sunspider Javascript Benchmark 0.9
    4th on the Rightware Browsermark

OK, obviously not number 1, but definitely belongs on the list! I'm going to run the Rightware Browsermark to confirm my original test number, the rightware website seems a bit flaky.
    10-11-11 08:50 AM
    The iPhone 4S only has an 800 Mhz processor? Yeah, it is dual core but that would be a slow processor vs. the droid army of 1.4Ghz Dual Core.

I would like to see a speed test between the Bold 9930 and the iPhone 4S. Browsing, youtube video quality. I know they are apple strongholds but are they worth all the BlackBerry advantages? Lets see.
    10-11-11 09:12 AM
    That new Iphone 4S is very fast.
    10-11-11 09:44 AM
    sunspider 2707 and iphone4S is 2222 so really not that far away...I say they are on par...
    10-11-11 09:59 AM
    Bold 9900 is included on this list and it stacks up quite well.

SunSpider Javascript BenchmarksSunSpider Javascript Benchmarks
    10-11-11 12:45 PM
    Note that I'm not trying to necessarily point out where in the list the Bold 9900 is, but rather the fact that it wasn't on the list at all, and it obviously deserves to be.

gigiowo, I can only assume the tests you show were run with sunspider 0.9.1, which results in significantly different results than 0.9, which is what the Anandtech test uses.

Note that I obtained 2586.4ms using 0.9.1
    10-11-11 02:19 PM
    I am not sure that the bold IS an obvious conclusion..the list looks like real touchscreen devices... big screens, tons of apps, hotspot capable..
    10-11-11 02:25 PM
    The iPhone 4S only has an 800 Mhz processor? Yeah, it is dual core but that would be a slow processor vs. the droid army of 1.4Ghz Dual Core.

I would like to see a speed test between the Bold 9930 and the iPhone 4S. Browsing, youtube video quality. I know they are apple strongholds but are they worth all the BlackBerry advantages? Lets see.
    Think they rely pretty heavily on the gpu, rather than bumping up the cpu specs significantly all the time.
    10-11-11 02:28 PM
    I'm not sure about the meaning of benchmarks, but compared to my wife's Nexus S (which is last year's technology really) my 9900 is much slower loading websites.
    10-11-11 03:49 PM
    Blackberry will NEVER come close to Android or iPhone. Even on direct 802.11n WiFi with a dedicated T3 line... my speed pales when compared to other phones. This will NEVER change and these benchmarks are MEANINGLESS.

RIM compresses everything and it's routed through the RIM infrastructure and the RIM NOC. It's apples and oranges folks. End of story. Period.

You want fast browsing? Get an iPhone or Android. You want apps? Get an iPhone or Android.

You want secure versatile messaging device with a good battery? Get a Blackberry.
    10-11-11 04:29 PM
    Blackberry will NEVER come close to Android or iPhone. Even on direct 802.11n WiFi with a dedicated T3 line... my speed pales when compared to other phones. This will NEVER change and these benchmarks are MEANINGLESS.

RIM compresses everything and it's routed through the RIM infrastructure and the RIM NOC. It's apples and oranges folks. End of story. Period.

You want fast browsing? Get an iPhone or Android. You want apps? Get an iPhone or Android.

You want secure versatile messaging device with a good battery? Get a Blackberry.
    I think you're confused a bit though, these benchmarks have nothing to do with network speeds...
    10-11-11 04:43 PM
    OK, obviously not number 1, but definitely belongs on the list! I'm going to run the Rightware Browsermark to confirm my original test number, the rightware website seems a bit flaky.
    When you say third is that for browsing specifically or general processing power. If its general processing I just want to know how thats possible because we still cant do anything else on the device if your doing something like downloading or installing an app from app world.
    10-12-11 02:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD