4 weeks ago my roommate decided to buy his first Mac. He got the MacBook Pro.
    He was really impressed (so was I) about the build quality and functionality. It works really well but MacOS just isn't my thing.

Everyday he would show me some stuff and talk about it etc. Didn't interest me really but a guy and his new toy, so I cut him some slack.

1.5 week later he started talking about getting an IP3Gs or iP4 and an iPad. He thought that it would be the perfect addition to his Mac. With iCloud I was thinking to myself: "Apple got themselves a new fanboy."

But he wasn't completely convinced yet. I at that time I owned an iP3Gs and a BB Torch 9800 and BB Playbook.

So he asked me if he could play around with the iP a little. Completely neglecting my BB collection. I let him use it every day for a couple of hours.

Meanwhile I got myself a 9900 and sold the 9800. Once I showed him that phone and after he had it in his hands the iP was quickly forgotten. He was hooked. And then for the supreme moment: I showed him how well the PB and the 9900 work together.
    I explained Bridge, showed him the multi-tasking and gestures, ... AND YES it supports Flash :-p

The day after that on the net I bump into a good offer on a Belgian site similar to craigslist in the US. A 4 week old BB PB 16 GB and a 10 month old BB Bold 9700 for 500�.
    Considering over here the 16 GB PB costs 480� and the Bold 9700 300� ==> total 780�.

I immediately gave him a call and told him to come and check it out. He wasn't sure but I convinced him and guranteed that he wouldnt be dissappointed. And mentioning that for the price of an IP4 he was getting a tablet and a smartphone helped ;-).

So we called the owner. Made an appointement last Saturday. Went and picked it up. You can't believe how happy he is. Even more happy then when he got his Mac. He is taking the PB to classes. And is showing it off at uni as I've heard from his girlfriend :-)

So Apple eat your guts out. His soul is ours !!! OURS I TELL YOU !!! haha. (No Pun intended) Welcome to the dark side !!! Now what if RIM launches their own laptops?
    10-11-11 07:51 AM
    That's pretty cool. I have nothing against Apple (I use a Mac at home) and iPhones, although I personally don't care for Android at all, but there definitely are consumers out there who like what BB has to offer. I think a lot more of them would come to that conclusion if they could get past all the hype and marketing 'magic'.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-11 08:36 AM
    Hahaha....too funny. He hath cometh to the dark side. May the force be with him. The "Push" email force to be exact, haha. The App world logo does look strangly similar to the death star...
    JR A likes this.
    10-11-11 08:40 AM
    Agree. If people look at the Bold 9930 and the Playbook together it is a great deal. However, they first need to get past the sales person that gets 5x the commission to sell you a tablet with a 3G connection.
    RIM is going to do well because the users are pimping their stuff to friends. I have a Bold 9930 and my co-worker got one for himself and when his wife saw it she got one as well.

But if RIM wants to make a big splash on the holidays they are going to have to do something revolutionary. They are going to have to have good commercials. That will be a first.
    chiefbroski likes this.
    10-11-11 08:49 AM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    10-11-11 08:53 AM
    "muhahaha " ... should have copyrighted this one ;-)
    mouhahhhahahaha (french version lol).
    10-11-11 08:59 AM
    I want your avatar The RIMPIRE STRIKES BACK !!!
    10-11-11 11:52 AM
    I bet he's loving it now with the euro outage haha.
    10-11-11 12:26 PM
    haha indeed. But he's at home using wifi so doesn't care. And I told him it's an update for BIS 4.1 hehe :-))
    10-11-11 02:02 PM
    So you lie to your friend who you convinced to get a BB........classic just tell him the truth.

here I will help.

You: Hey man what's up?
    Friend: Nothing, how come my phone is kind of acting weird.
    You: Well honestly RIM F'd up again and their servers are down.
    Friend: Really? Does this happen often?
    You: Well lately yeah.
    Friend: Why the F did you talk me into this?
    You: I dunno I wanted to post on CB?
    Friend: Man this sucks. let me activate my old phone.
    10-11-11 02:49 PM
    He was really impressed (so was I) about the build quality and functionality. It works really well but MacOS just isn't my thing.

Everyday he would show me some stuff and talk about it etc. Didn't interest me really but a guy and his new toy, so I cut him some slack.

1.5 week later he started talking about getting an IP3Gs or iP4 and an iPad. He thought that it would be the perfect addition to his Mac. With iCloud I was thinking to myself: "Apple got themselves a new fanboy."

But he wasn't completely convinced yet. I at that time I owned an iP3Gs and a BB Torch 9800 and BB Playbook.

So he asked me if he could play around with the iP a little. Completely neglecting my BB collection. I let him use it every day for a couple of hours.

Meanwhile I got myself a 9900 and sold the 9800. Once I showed him that phone and after he had it in his hands the iP was quickly forgotten. He was hooked. And then for the supreme moment: I showed him how well the PB and the 9900 work together.
    I explained Bridge, showed him the multi-tasking and gestures, ... AND YES it supports Flash :-p

The day after that on the net I bump into a good offer on a Belgian site similar to craigslist in the US. A 4 week old BB PB 16 GB and a 10 month old BB Bold 9700 for 500�.
    Considering over here the 16 GB PB costs 480� and the Bold 9700 300� ==> total 780�.

I immediately gave him a call and told him to come and check it out. He wasn't sure but I convinced him and guranteed that he wouldnt be dissappointed. And mentioning that for the price of an IP4 he was getting a tablet and a smartphone helped ;-).

So we called the owner. Made an appointement last Saturday. Went and picked it up. You can't believe how happy he is. Even more happy then when he got his Mac. He is taking the PB to classes. And is showing it off at uni as I've heard from his girlfriend :-)

So Apple eat your guts out. His soul is ours !!! OURS I TELL YOU !!! haha. (No Pun intended) Welcome to the dark side !!! Now what if RIM launches their own laptops?
    So RIM eat your guts out none of your SH** in europe works. LOL I bet the iPhone users in Europe are having no issues.
    10-11-11 03:12 PM
    So RIM eat your guts out none of your SH** in europe works. LOL I bet the iPhone users in Europe are having no issues.
    So I have been on BIS for a couple of years. And this is the first time I faced such a major outage. And he knows exactly what is going on. He's been reading crackberry for a week now but doesn't have an account yet. I was just joking. Djeez.

You really wanna know what Iphone users are doing now in Belgium? They are probably buying extra MB's of data or paying as they use cause their phone exploded their dataplan of 500 MB/ month. Cause thats all they get max for 10-15� (depending per carrier, sometimes only 200MB). And we're not even half way the month.

I pay 15�, friends pay 20 to 30 avg per month and thats if they are carefull. Always asking if there's wifi in the bar we're having a drink at so they can do their foursquare check-in and update their facebook page and maybe even read their mail without consuming mobile data.

But let's just stop the biggering. It was just a nice story to tell. And he is happy with his phone. But especially the playbook.

Cheers
    10-11-11 04:43 PM
    No problem but hey at least they are getting email
    Delil likes this.
    10-11-11 07:46 PM
    The playbook and 9700 is a great combination. The 9900 and playbook is even better. I'm glad your friend is happy with his new devices.
    10-11-11 07:57 PM
    Sounds like a pretty impressionable guy.
    10-11-11 08:09 PM
    Sounds like a guy who, when shown the features and benefits of a BlackBerry and a PlayBook, sees real value and is willing to invest in that perceived and quite real value. Enjoyed the story.
    JR A likes this.
    10-12-11 06:36 AM
    I want your avatar The RIMPIRE STRIKES BACK !!!
    There is the link for the Avi
    [HTML]http://cdn-forums.crackberry.com/customavatars/avatar3149162_1.gif[/HTML]
    Be my guest !
    Delil likes this.
    10-12-11 07:00 AM
    Never had issue with gmail, hotmail or even your hosting partner ?
    In France, we've just ran out 2 days of terrific hotmail issues ... POP & IMAP !
    wow ... lucky one !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 10-12-11 at 07:13 AM.
    10-12-11 07:10 AM
    The fact that regular data works through BB Bridge is great. Even the Kindle Cloud Reader works well over Bridge.

10-18-11 05:05 AM
    That's a pretty cool story to hear. You usually hear about people switching to Apple, and very rarely from.
    10-18-11 06:57 PM

You are so cruel. LOL and you consider him a friend? So sad.

10-18-11 07:48 PM
    I think this may be the 1st thread I have read where RIM is considered the "darkside. " Usually when you see darkside, you think Apple or Android.

Glad to hear your friend is happy. Always loved my 9700! PB is just making it that much better.

10-18-11 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD