View Poll Results: What one pb feature would you use to build a tablet

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • The audio system (love the front speakers)

8 5.48%
  • The screen (looks are everything)

12 8.22%
  • The bezel (bet you can't swipe just once)

53 36.30%
  • The cameras (say cheese!)

0 0%
  • The case (7 inches is just right)

16 10.96%
  • The hardware (It's what's inside that counts)

54 36.99%
  • Other

3 2.05%
    If you could take any ONE feature from the playbook to build your own Frankenstein tablet, what would it be?
    10-11-11 07:27 AM
    BRIDGE

(ok it's too shot by itself, but 1 word is enough)
    10-11-11 07:28 AM
    Lol, this is a silly question. Of course more then 90% of people should choose BRIDGE as the feature to take to their own personal tablet (atleast from the Playbook). I mean, I would of never bought this sucker in the first place if it wasn't for that.
    Otherwise, you were just getting it for the name really... I mean when it first came out, you really might have been crazy to turn the other tablets down when this guy came out to be $499.99. Even now, most should have gone with Amazon's $199.00 Fire Tablet. Atleast if the Playbook didn't have the BRIDGE feature.

Although thats really more of an opinion...

EDIT: I choose "Other"... Would of chose "Hardware", but your second post was after it.
    Last edited by Venichie; 10-11-11 at 07:40 AM.
    10-11-11 07:35 AM
    Oops. Guess I forgot the software option...just assume hardware includes software.
    10-11-11 07:36 AM
    The Bezel, I am truly frustrated using other tablets that don't have the PlayBook's swiping features, that is what I'd want on any tablet
    10-11-11 07:38 AM
    Lol, this is a silly question. Of course more then 90% of people should choose BRIDGE as the feature to take to their own personal tablet (atleast from the Playbook). I mean, I would of never bought this sucker in the first place if it wasn't for that.
    Otherwise, you were just getting it for the name really... I mean when it first came out, you really might have been crazy to turn the other tablets down when this guy came out to be $499.99. Even now, most should have gone with Amazon's $199.00 Fire Tablet. Atleast if the Playbook didn't have the BRIDGE feature.

Although thats really more of an opinion...
    Wow, you type fast!
    10-11-11 07:38 AM
    The Bezel, I am truly frustrated using other tablets that don't have the PlayBook's swiping features, that is what I'd want on any tablet
    Me too. I imagine it is what the first computer users felt like when they first used a computer mouse...so natural.
    10-11-11 07:42 AM
    Wow, you type fast!
    Surprisingly, I'm using a Playbook as we type...
    I saw the first guys post, and went from there... lol, it wasn't that fast though.
    10-11-11 07:43 AM
    The bezel! The casing is for aesthetics; the hardware/software for the playbook is not anything that blows other tablets out of the water; the playbook's quality cameras and audio system should be a given for any tablet... so I chose the bezel! It is something that we haven't really seen on any other tablet...
    10-11-11 07:57 AM
    audio system for now....although beats audio is getting put on devices now and those tend to be very well done also
    10-11-11 10:40 AM
    This is not multiple choice? Sorry can't pick one - 't's the package that makes it a frankenberry. All of the above.
    OK I will vote bezel since its the one thing nobody else can do.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-11-11 at 11:37 AM.
    10-11-11 11:25 AM
    I like the sound from the PB!
    10-11-11 11:31 AM
    Beats audio? Seriously? You suckered for that hype? The only thing that will seriously affect your sound are the speakers it's coming from, and the baffling. Tell me technically what Beats does other than get a magic wand waved over it by Dr. Dre. What do they do, crank up the bass? I listened to a "beats" headphones and it was the crappiest most distorted sound I've ever heard - doesn't matter, if you're listening to Dr. Dre I guess.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-11-11 at 12:43 PM.
    10-11-11 11:34 AM
    I would say the BRDGE, but since thats not listed, I would have to say the HARDWARE. If the tablet can't evolve and grow whats the use. All of the special "goodies" start with the hardware doesn't it?
    10-11-11 11:45 AM
    Beats audio? Seriously? You suckered for that hype? The only thing that will seriously affect your sound are the speakers it's coming from, and the baffling. Tell me technically what Beats does other than get a magic wand waved over it by Dr. Dre. What do they do, crank up the bass? I listened to a "beats" headphones and it was the crappiest most distorted sound I've ever heard - doesn't matter if you're listening to Dr. Dre I guess.
    I don't know what Beats headphones you were using. Are they be best heck no and for the price I can think of some better phones but they're not what I'd call crappy.

Beats Audio in the TouchPad produces a nice sound. Of course you're not going to get any low end on any tablet speaker

ETA: I chose hardware as long as I could put the OS I wanted on it
    10-11-11 11:56 AM
    Swipe / bezel. A tablet should not need a home button...
    10-11-11 12:10 PM
    Bezel FTW!!
    10-11-11 12:26 PM
    Swipe / bezel. A tablet should not need a home button...
    Not so! The home button is for when you get so confused by the crappy UI and lost by the crappy navigation that you have to go back to where you started to get reoriented!
    10-11-11 12:42 PM
    I don't know what Beats headphones you were using. Are they be best heck no and for the price I can think of some better phones but they're not what I'd call crappy.

Beats Audio in the TouchPad produces a nice sound. Of course you're not going to get any low end on any tablet speaker

ETA: I chose hardware as long as I could put the OS I wanted on it
    Ok medicocre - depends on what you're comparing to. You get what you pay for I guess.
    What I want to know is what "beats" can possibly do for a small device with a small speaker. Nothing but make you imagine it sounds good because it says "beats" in the marketing.

Someone educate me. Something like DOLBY I understand, because it is a technology. BOSE acoustic wave I can understand because it is speaker baffling technology. Beats is hype as best I can tell. Dr Dre is associated with it so it has to sound good (how many audiofiles listen to rap and use it as a test standard?) , like Paris Hilton has her name on perfume so it has to smell good.

Am I missing something?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-11-11 at 12:53 PM.
    10-11-11 12:46 PM
    Beats is made by Monster and they know a little something about sound quality and about over pricing but I said for the price I can think of better headphones and I don't consider any tablet to have awesome sounding speakers.

99% of the time I'm plugging in some headphones

Everything has it's marketing keyword. Apple, there's an app for that, Tab=it's time to tab, Playbook ametuer hour is over etc etc
    10-11-11 12:58 PM

Beats is made by Monster and they know a little something about sound quality and about over pricing...
    Yes monster made monster cables which seemed like hype as well - I tested them a lot and there seemed to be a placebo effect, but then I realized they too were hype. The biggest driver of audio quality is the speakers themselves - everything else claiming to improve audio is insignificant in comparison, though anything in the chain can certainly downgrade quality.

Exactly why as you say you will never get good audio quality from a tablet, or especially a phone. I am not sure what else monster did, but I am an engineer and I need technical persuasion not celebrity endorsements or catchy names.

I don't consider any tablet to have awesome sounding speakers.

I don't either, but not considering the lack of bass response inherent to any tablet (with nothing that can be done about it) the playbook sound is surprisingly awesome.

I am surprised by the number of times I just don't even bother reaching for the headphones, because it actually is "good enough" and even loud enough most of the time from the front facing speakers.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-11-11 at 01:44 PM.
    10-11-11 01:37 PM
    Just discovered another feature I like - the low battery alarm that saves me from becoming discharged every time. The BB phones did not have this and countless times I have found my phone dead without warning.
    10-11-11 01:46 PM
    It's soooo hard to choose! lol. All the hardware is great. I chose the screen because that's the first thing that came to my mind, haha. Its so crisp and bright!
    10-11-11 01:52 PM
    The pb camera is really taking it on the chin. How does it compare to other tablet cameras?
    10-11-11 07:20 PM
    Yes monster made monster cables which seemed like hype as well - I tested them a lot and there seemed to be a placebo effect, but then I realized they too were hype. The biggest driver of audio quality is the speakers themselves - everything else claiming to improve audio is insignificant in comparison, though anything in the chain can certainly downgrade quality.

Exactly why as you say you will never get good audio quality from a tablet, or especially a phone. I am not sure what else monster did, but I am an engineer and I need technical persuasion not celebrity endorsements or catchy names.

I don't either, but not considering the lack of bass response inherent to any tablet (with nothing that can be done about it) the playbook sound is surprisingly awesome.

I am surprised by the number of times I just don't even bother reaching for the headphones, because it actually is "good enough" and even loud enough most of the time from the front facing speakers.
    You don't have to convince me about Monster being hype. Expensive hype. When I was doing car audio installs at my cousins shop or just out in the yard. I never understood why guys would bring me monster cables and say these are the best and ask what do I use. I'd crank it up for a min and the say wires from Radio shack.

Oh Top Shot on I gotta go be back at the break
    10-11-11 09:04 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD