Everytime I try to backup my phone, the desktop manager backup gets stuck on "Smart Card Reader Options" which is near the end, and does not finish. As well, when the phone is in app loader and apparently "connecting to device" it freezes up again. It's not a computer issue.

Any ideas?
    10-10-11 09:29 PM
    Do a search here - I read that some are having issues with this feature as you describe. There may have been a few solutions, but I can't remember what they were.
    10-10-11 09:47 PM
    I did search, but came up with nothing.
    10-10-11 11:11 PM
    Anyone have some help?
    10-11-11 11:24 AM
    I have the same problem. My Bold 9900 gets stuck on

Backing Up Smart Card Options 1 of 1

It disappears after about 20 minutes, but this is EXTREMELY annoying. It makes me not want to backup my phone, which is ridiculous. Any help would be appreciated.
    10-25-11 08:43 AM
    Same here. Stuck on Smart Card Options 1 of 1 record. Any update to this guys?
    11-04-11 03:50 PM
    I have run into this issue several times as well. From my research I found that if you erase all of your browsing data it will fix this. I believe it worked for me once but not another time.

The other thing is that the latest DM 7 beta was giving me issues. Once I reverted back to the official DM 6 my problems were all solved. It doesn't hurt to try.

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-softwa...desktop_pc.jsp

Strange that this 9930 has given me more connection issues than either of my 9530 or 9550. Small price to pay for a significantly improved BlackBerry experience.

I hope any of these solutions work for you guys.
    11-04-11 04:39 PM
    Same issue here ....

I loved this device when it came out ... I really did. Form factor, my favorite of them all going back to the 9000, the guts of the unit and the touch screen with physical keyboard... but the more I use it the more I get frustrated with it.

My backups get stuck on the same issue and the damn echo problem with callers all complaining that their voice is echoing is a real annoyance.

Of all the BB products I've owned ... curve, Bold 9000, bold 9700 and 9780 this once device has given me more headaches the the previous combined.

If I didn't hate typing on glass I would really consider a switch at this point in time. My loyalty is really wearing out.
    11-04-11 10:47 PM
    This one worked
    KB29522-"Error backing up databases" message is generated at Smart Card Options database when backing up the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Simply uncheck the social feeds from the list of items to back up. Tried it & worked with 2 devices that had the same problem
    12-14-12 04:37 AM
    Hi guys, I have a similar problem, but it is actually when syncing my Bold 9900 contacts with outlook... a window pops up and says there are (a lot) of conflicts and displays a list of names that are "conflicted", so, it gives me the option to use my device info and over write the one on outlook, or vice versa , or even do nothing... well, tried all three options, syncing starts, and then another window pops up with an error message " CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id ", and nothing happens... which means, I can't sync my contacts no more.

I was running the previous BB Desktop version, and updated, still won't work.

Hope some one can help me fix this problem, tried everything... restoring my BB, removing and deleting BBDesktop from my PC, everything I could think about...

Please people, please help!
    12-14-12 03:57 PM
    Hi guys, I have a similar problem, but it is actually when syncing my Bold 9900 contacts with outlook... a window pops up and says there are (a lot) of conflicts and displays a list of names that are "conflicted", so, it gives me the option to use my device info and over write the one on outlook, or vice versa , or even do nothing... well, tried all three options, syncing starts, and then another window pops up with an error message " CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id ", and nothing happens... which means, I can't sync my contacts no more.

I was running the previous BB Desktop version, and updated, still won't work.

Hope some one can help me fix this problem, tried everything... restoring my BB, removing and deleting BBDesktop from my PC, everything I could think about...

Please people, please help!
    Hi you should start a new thread to get more views. It sounds like there is a bad record or so but I'm not sure about that.
    12-14-12 04:01 PM
    will do, i'm trying to see what the problem is.. tried everything...
    12-18-12 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD