My BB button and back button stop working from time to time. By this I mean they wont bring up a menu or allow me to see all open programs. It doesn't happen all the time, but I thought it might be the OS so i reloaded that and when it didn't work I loaded the .440 on. Helped initially but now I am back to the buttons not working all the time. Anyone else have this issue? I guess it might be time to go back to my dealer for an exchange...
    Thanks
    Mike
    10-09-11 02:11 PM
    better make sure you take it in for exchange before the 30 day immediate replacement warranty expires.
    10-09-11 04:03 PM
    I too recommend taking it in. I discovered this too late, though.
    May not be resolved by exchanging hardware, however, because software issues are suggested in forums and I agree. The reason for this speculation is that if you hit the phone/send button (the one that used to be green), the two buttons start working again. So when it stops working, I hit the send button and the escape button (to get out of the phone menu). Of course this is unacceptable as a work-around, but that's what I'm doing now anyway.
    I've tried re-loading the OS and then changing to a different version of OS with various combinations of wipes to no avail.
    11-01-11 01:27 PM
    RIM replaced it, after 30 days,but was without it for 3 weeks. New one works flawless.
    11-01-11 08:11 PM
    LOL do a Google search or crackberry forum search and you will see it's a known issue.
    I'm not sending it away for 3 weeks to use a replacement 9700 after 3 replacement Storm 2 and after a while the problem came back...if I didn't want a touch screen I would have gotten the 9700. No thanks, had enough...Galaxy Nexus here I come.
    11-02-11 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD