Will ATT waive their deposit fee, if I was customer before with them and nothing owed to them because I plan on going back to ATT and heard tht att asks ppl for a deposit. So just wondering if they would waive it since I was a customer with a good 2yr history with them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-11 12:47 PM
    I think the deposit is depends on your credit rating. I know that is how T-Mobile determines if a deposit is needed or not.
    10-08-11 01:18 PM
    ^ That's true. I canceled a line out of frustration once due to AT&T's poor cs, only to find myself reopening that same line two weeks later and AT&T told me that I had to be reapproved for that line (same phone number). The next day I got an email from my "credit watch" company that said that I had a credit inquiry (it was AT&T). So yes, they will check your credit again.
    Last edited by yoga.flame; 10-12-11 at 02:27 AM.
    10-08-11 11:57 PM
    Recently, AT&T started reviewing service requests against acquired accounts. So of course, if you owed what used to be Cingular, or the original AT&T anything on an abandoned account, you have to come current before adding a line.

Oh, so many people who prefer abandoning a service rather than explicitly cancelling it are feeling a biting pain in their posteriors.
    10-09-11 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD