Every time I try to buy an app on the Playbook with credit card it gives me a message that there is an error trying to complete the sale. I have checked and double checked to make sure the info is correct and it is. Any ideas?
    10-07-11 07:58 PM
    Every time I try to buy an app on the Playbook with credit card it gives me a message that there is an error trying to complete the sale. I have checked and double checked to make sure the info is correct and it is. Any ideas?
    For some strange reasons - credit card transactions do not seem to work. Paying through Paypal works just fine - hoping that helps.
    dalek likes this.
    10-07-11 08:30 PM
    Yep it's not working and it's on RIM's side. Since you have 90 days free support I suggest you call them and get a trouble ticket written. Granted they completely ignored mine but maybe the more people complain the more attention it will be given? *shrug*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    dalek likes this.
    10-07-11 08:34 PM
    ok i had this issue to n it took me a while to figure it out to. here goes...ur smartphones bb app world payment options needs to be set to credit card if u use the cc option on the pb.

same is true 4 paypal meaning ur bb ap world on ur smartphone must b set to paypal and on ur pb.

sign into ur smartphones bb app world acct then go to payment option.
    10-07-11 09:17 PM
    Never had a problem buying thru Playbook Apps! Works fine - easy and fast.
    10-08-11 09:38 AM
    having the same error code issue... when i call the free 90 day tech support number they tell me its an authentication issue and i need to contact the company that handles bb app cc processing called Digital River.com. when u go to that site there is no contact number just a place for u to enter ur contact info for them to get ahold of u. i tried the above suggestion of checking ur phones app world settings but everything looks right to me and still no success nor any contact from this processing company that handles bb authentications.... help... arg! i just want to buy something for goodness sake!
    10-08-11 10:31 AM
    i think the cc problem started fairly recently since it seems to only affect new PB owners. good to hear you at least got a response from bb support. i figured it was something on the transaction side of things. if you ever hear back from digital river please share as there are more folks in your situation. as for me i wasn't patient and ended up creating a paypal account w/ my cc and purchasing apps that way. you'd think rim would have a better relationship w/ whoever's handling their appworld transactions... seems it could cost them immediate and future profits (and probably customers) if folks have to jump through hoops just to spend their own money on apps...
    10-08-11 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD