My Blackberry Curve 8530 fell in the toliet, and it had been fully in water for around 5 seconds. I quickly took the battery out and waited for a minute, then put the battery back in. The Blackberry Logo appeared and it rebooted, then the screen went white. I put it in rice with the battery out for 2 hours then attempted again, with the same results; white screen. After that, I left it in rice overnight, and in the morning, i tried again, this time it turned on with my screensaver and it began vibrating all my missed calls, texts, and BBM's. I tried to unlock it but none of the buttons work. If I keep it in rice some more, will it be saved?
    (PLEASE help, this is my 3rd phone, and the last two went through the wash. My mom still doesn't know and she is going to kill me! I'm 13, and if I don't fix it, IM DEAD XP)
    10-07-11 04:30 PM
    You have to keep it in rice for a few days, with the battery and SIM card removed and also submerged in rice.
    10-07-11 07:15 PM
    Stop putting battery in . Your going to burn the connections in the phone. You have to let it dry for a while and maybe you can recover it .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-11 07:22 AM
    Don't know which carrier you have, but I would DEFINITELY recommend finding a repair center and bringing it there. Or, you may be able to call your carrier's customer service number and ask to be directed to their Blackberry Support, if they have one.
    10-16-11 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD