Currently, the official OS for AT&T 8310 owners is v4.2.2.312. I'm not comfortable loading a beta version. Does anyone know when an official version of the 4.5 will be released?
    08-27-08 10:23 AM
    No one really knows when the official 4.5 release will rollout
    for US carriers.

Just so you know the current OS for AT&T is 4.2.2.170.
    What you sited, 4.2.2.312 is the package version, not the OS.
    08-27-08 10:27 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...latest+8310+os

this os seems to be pretty stable from what i've read
    08-27-08 10:34 AM
    The problem is that if I screw up my blackberry by trying to upgrade to a Non-Approved OS then I will void my warranty. I'd rather wait until the Official OS is released.

What are the bennefits of the newer OS?
    08-27-08 02:05 PM
    I thought one of the main benefits was video streaming along with some glitch fixes.
    Is video streaming included in this update.

Also I heard a "rumor" of early sept. On the release from att.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-08 02:11 PM
    I have an AT&T Curve and I upgraded my OS to 4.5.0.52 and I LOVE it. Phone runs faster, I now have a video camera on my phone and the ability to stream video from sites like YouTube. I haven't had ANY issues with this version at all.
    08-27-08 04:56 PM
    Currently, the official OS for AT&T 8310 owners is v4.2.2.312. I'm not comfortable loading a beta version. Does anyone know when an official version of the 4.5 will be released?
    There are official OS upgrades for the 8310 from other carriers that are not beta versions. Just have to delete the vendor.xml file and you're good to go. I have version 4.5 on mine. You can go to the blackberry site to download. If you're worried about voiding the warranty, then wait until the ATT version comes out. But you can always use the other company's upgrade until ATT and then install the ATT one when it comes out. Personally, I'm not worried about voiding the warranty, I don't plan to have the Curve much longer after the Bold comes out. And you can always roll back if you have problems.
    08-27-08 06:06 PM
    @scorpiodsu: If the OS is not released by the OP's carrier then
    it is considered NON-OFFICIAL to that carrier.

As to whether or not to upgrade, if the OP is not comfortable
    doing so I think people should stop trying to convince them to do so. There will be an official release soon enough, in the meantime
    the OP would be better served by getting comfortable with their
    device and reading some of the newbie material on this site.
    08-27-08 07:35 PM
    Ya I'm still waiting on the 4.5 official release. I think soon enough I'm going to get too impatient and I'll just download a beta version. Any word on wether the Rogers release would be any earlier then any US release? Oh and I have an ATT unlocked 8310 using it under rogers, when the time comes I would want the Rogers official OS update correct?

And just out of curiosity, why does it economically make sense for rim to upgrade their OS for the curve this late in their product cycle? Don't get me wrong I'd LOVE for the new OS for the curve to be released any day now but why would RIM waste time and money trying to release a new, stable OS for a device that will soon be replaced by the Javelin (if it is indeed coming out when speculated)?

Any rumors on a a time frame for the official release of the OS 4.5 btw? I've been hearing "soon" for long enough...
    08-27-08 09:29 PM
    I've been hearing soon since feb lol

08-27-08 09:35 PM
    lol that is exactly my point.
    08-27-08 09:45 PM
    Just finished re-installing my 4.2.2 OS. I tried the 4.5 and after it installed the unit freezes up. Then you have to pull the battery to restart. I have ATT/Cingular service.
    Don't do it.
    08-27-08 09:49 PM
    I feel like I scan these forums every ten minutes looking for release dates for OS official releases for my ATT curve or official release dates for the bold and jevelin (personally wouldn't consider a full touch screen after toying with my friend's Dare). The suspense of this is killing me. How the **** did a phone take such a grip on my everyday life? I feel like Omar Gooding in Playmakers except my games keep getting rained out...

08-27-08 10:06 PM
    i upgraded to 4.5 and now issues at all. lovin it...
    08-27-08 10:15 PM
    vodafone OS 4.5.0.55
    08-27-08 10:25 PM
    I want to know if it matters that the carrier hasn't made available OS 4.5 to upgrade and use the device with 4.5... How do I roll back to 4.2 in case **** breaks loose for me? Thanks from this noob to crackberry.com
    08-27-08 11:34 PM
    Ya I'm still waiting on the 4.5 official release. I think soon enough I'm going to get too impatient and I'll just download a beta version. Any word on wether the Rogers release would be any earlier then any US release? Oh and I have an ATT unlocked 8310 using it under rogers, when the time comes I would want the Rogers official OS update correct?

And just out of curiosity, why does it economically make sense for rim to upgrade their OS for the curve this late in their product cycle? Don't get me wrong I'd LOVE for the new OS for the curve to be released any day now but why would RIM waste time and money trying to release a new, stable OS for a device that will soon be replaced by the Javelin (if it is indeed coming out when speculated)?

Any rumors on a a time frame for the official release of the OS 4.5 btw? I've been hearing "soon" for long enough...
    i think they are upgrading the os because you sign usually in the states and canada a 2 year agreement or longer to get a good deal on a phone and it pays to keep people stuck with a phone for several years happy by giving them new better things to play with
    think about it one day your curve has no video the next day it does think about all those people spending hundreds on iphones and no video for them unless they hack the phone which in my esxperience can really screw those pieces of junk up.
    i applude rim for realising that you keep your exsisting customers happy when it is time to upgrade again they wil come back for more and not do what somany other smart phone customers do and bounce from one style to another to get some thing new or different
    08-28-08 12:24 AM
    i am running the trigcom version of 4.5 (the one under the link for the 8300 os upgrade) on my personal curve and it seams very stable and nice i am a little hesitent to put it on my work phone incase something does go wonky i dont want to go to work and say i need a new blackberry cuz i killed the last one
    08-28-08 12:27 AM
    I was terrified to upgrade my OS from 4.2 to 4.5 (I didn't want to somehow wreck my precious Curve), but it was amazingly easy. All I had to do was follow the instructions I found on here and I was fine. I'm lovin' the new OS!
    08-30-08 01:41 AM
    I did it. I finally decided to upgrade and so far I'm very happy. The internet browser looks better, the calendar and address book are better, and I can now get HTML email without using a 3rd party app. I also think its running a little faster.

It was a very easy process and I'd definitely recomend upgrading to the 4.5 OS for the 8310 with ATT service.
    08-30-08 09:00 AM
    I had an issue with my Curve caused by a 3rd party app. No email. Nothing I did helped so after much frustration and searching I called ATT Tech Support. They tried a few things but had to bump me up to RIM Tech Support. RIM talked me through the inevitable wipe and reinstallation of certain files. Success. My point is that I didn't hesitate to tell them that I was running 4.5.0.69...they weren't "shocked" - no warnings - no lack of help or concern. They actually weren't coming to confiscate my Curve because I had upgraded my OS. The RIM TSR was even running a beta on his 8330! All this to say some people are made to be so afraid of messing up (and thus voiding their warranty) that they probably won't get to know their devices effectively. They can't move past the "awe" factor. I know, its just my opinion and to each his own, etc., but I think Crackberry has put an emphasis on learning and demystifying The Berry, for all of us, for a reason. Rant ends here.

08-30-08 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD