You tube issue!! Doesn't work on browser or app, have bb bolton tried removing battery, any thing else I can try?? Anyone!! I'm using o2 network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-11 08:42 AM
    If the youtube clip requires Flash 10, it won't work because the BB7s don't support Flash as of yet (apparently, the next big update for BB7 they should support it).

However, if your youtube clip plays on HTML 5, click the link and follow the instructions. It should work, but not everybody has had luck with it:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...4/#post6625179
    10-07-11 08:45 AM
    BTW, a quick question: do NONE of the videos on youtube work? even the non-HD ones?
    10-07-11 08:46 AM
    No videos at all work they just keep buffering, don't even think th ones I'm trying to view are HD but hopefully th update sorts this and I'll try that link nw thanks!!

10-07-11 08:48 AM
    If the youtube clip requires Flash 10, it won't work because the BB7s don't support Flash as of yet (apparently, the next big update for BB7 they should support it)

Source of flash support rumor for the next update?

max
    10-07-11 08:49 AM
    That link didn't work either I have those things ticked, I'm just not supposed to have youtube lol, only thing I dislike about this fone atm!!!

10-07-11 08:54 AM
    Source of flash support rumor for the next update?

max

My friend works for RIM and I asked her about it and that's what she said. Also, I read a few articles online. Here's one:

BlackBerry 7 won't feature Android apps or Flash support, RIM confirms | PhoneDog

I don't think this update will be for awhile, although there's a member that posted pictures of his 7.1 OS. You can check that here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...re-you-657475/
    10-07-11 09:01 AM
    I know the article title might be misleading, but mid-way into the article, it mentions QNX-based OS that should support Flash.
    10-07-11 09:02 AM
    You tube issue!! Doesn't work on browser or app, have bb bolton tried removing battery, any thing else I can try?? Anyone!! I'm using o2 network.
    Try wifi... must be an O2 network issue because Youtube works fine on Voda.

10-07-11 09:19 AM
    mine is working fine
    10-07-11 09:28 AM
    I know the article title might be misleading, but mid-way into the article, it mentions QNX-based OS that should support Flash.
    QNX will be on entirely new devices. Our 9900's will never see flash or QNX unless some miracles happen at here at RIM.

Wishful thinking, but it's probably not happening.

max
    10-07-11 09:29 AM
    My friend works for RIM and I asked her about it and that's what she said. Also, I read a few articles online. Here's one:

BlackBerry 7 won't feature Android apps or Flash support, RIM confirms | PhoneDog
    That articles in no way says that flash will be coming to current devices. It points out that new phones running QNX (now BBX) will have it. Also notes that current devices will not get QNX (as has been confirmed by RIM).

Therefore we can put 2 and 2 together to come to the conclusion that no current BB phone will get getting QNX or flash.
    10-07-11 09:45 AM
    Jus think youtube will never work on my device had bb torch 9800 before this and youtube worked perfect, then put same sim card into bold 9900 and no youtube can't see it being a network issue!! And as fo flash player as much as I wud love for it to be on my device I can't see that happening either!!!!

10-07-11 09:48 AM
    Try wifi... must be an O2 network issue because Youtube works fine on Voda.

HI Phil,
    I notice on o2 that it still jumps a little. NO big deal though.
    Must say that since doing the 3.53 it is a massive leaps of goodness for the 9900. As I said, the os link update which you mentioned did not have any venor xml files *** I just did the update no glitches at all, do you think it will be ok as I did not encounter any vendor files?
    10-07-11 10:42 AM
    I'm on O2 and have no issues playing Youtube videos.

They would stutter on my 9700 on OS6 but since moving to the 9900 they play flawlessly so it is definitley not a network issue.

What OS version are you running? Still on the original that came installed on the phone?
    10-07-11 10:46 AM
    HI Phil,
    I notice on o2 that it still jumps a little. NO big deal though.
    Must say that since doing the 3.53 it is a massive leaps of goodness for the 9900. As I said, the os link update which you mentioned did not have any venor xml files *** I just did the update no glitches at all, do you think it will be ok as I did not encounter any vendor files?
    If it wasn't ok, it wouldn't have installed.

.353 is old news now... .440 is where the party's at

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...9900-a-657896/

10-07-11 10:47 AM
    Duganem am using th one that was originally installed, how do I upgrade?

10-07-11 11:28 AM
    You tube works well for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-07-11 02:26 PM
    you tube works fine on my 9930
    10-07-11 04:37 PM
    You tube works for me, when I got my old 9000 long time ago it would not work - rogers /google and I figured out it was a issue between them. Rogers had to do something on their side to allow me to stream you tube. It works perfect on this 9900, I'd suggest getting a new sim card or make them close your account and open a brand new one. Its not a defective device, rather defective isp.

10-07-11 09:58 PM
    Youtube workin fine on wifi, not on 3G but, wat cud I try??

10-08-11 11:06 AM
    You can always enable html5 video playback from the youtube.com
    10-08-11 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD