Is it just me to has anyone else noticed that after using the 9900 and charging once everyday that the battery life improves over time and gives you more usage time??
    10-06-11 06:14 AM
    This is usually true with any battery. There's a break-in period, like a car's engine. A car will generally get better gas mileage and performance after 3k miles than it will when it's brand new. I definitely noticed it with Agent 99 after a week.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-11 06:17 AM
    lol hmmm interesting.
    10-06-11 06:23 AM
    not for me
    10-06-11 06:30 AM
    Very interesting. Thanks for posting and for the first reply.
    Funny, when I saw the topic, I was going to say that there are a lot of other threads about battery life, but if this was burried within one of those threads, I wouldn't have learned that battery life increases with age of the battery. I thought it was just with time after loading the OS, due to the fact that it takes 24-48 hours to break in an OS, so battery life isn't as good the first day or two.
    10-06-11 06:32 AM
    I've had my 9900 now since it was released a few months back. The first few days were rough with short battery lives however it got better and was lasting me a full day. No reason to complain.
    BUT..
    Today, after charging all night, I picked up my phone around noon and I was down to probably 20% life remaining! No idea why. I checked to see if anything abnormal was running in the background but nothing. Has anyone experienced this? What did you do?
    I went home at lunch and charged it back to almost full and as of now (3:35) I'm back down to about 40% already...

Thanks!
    10-06-11 02:30 PM
    While I don't have data to prove this, I noticed this improvement in the battery as well!
    10-06-11 02:31 PM
    Mine has been stellar from day 1

10-06-11 02:41 PM
    This sounds about right. It was most apparent when I first bought my Sony Ericsson W610i a few years back. My battery would not even last a day with moderate usage. Thinking this was a battery issue, I purchased another battery for it. Over the course of three months, both the betteries would last about 1.5 days with heavy usage. That would be browsing Opera Mini, listening to music and playing games for several hours a day.

10-06-11 04:47 PM
    Mine just died at 5:30pm, I was charging it all night with the PlayBook charger..I find the battery lasts longer when charged with the stock 9900 charger that comes in the box. I've had the 9900 for one week now.
    10-06-11 04:47 PM
    When I don't use WiFi all day I can get a full day and 20-30% left over
    10-06-11 06:30 PM
    When I don't use WiFi all day I can get a full day and 20-30% left over
    Interesting. When I keep mine on 2G with wifi constantly on, I have about 45% left after 20 hours
    10-06-11 06:35 PM
    Very interesting. Thanks for posting and for the first reply.
    Funny, when I saw the topic, I was going to say that there are a lot of other threads about battery life, but if this was burried within one of those threads, I wouldn't have learned that battery life increases with age of the battery. I thought it was just with time after loading the OS, due to the fact that it takes 24-48 hours to break in an OS, so battery life isn't as good the first day or two.
    What you're saying is true, but the life of a battery works like a bell curve, it improves with usage (age) but hits a peak at a certain point and the battery life starts going down. If you'd like, you Google this to find out more.
    rrrebo likes this.
    10-06-11 07:50 PM
    Interesting. However, i purchased the Blackberry bold 9900 a month ago and i have been having problems with the battery life. My battery lasts about 5 - 6 hours without me touching it and about 2 hours using it. I charge it about 3 times a day and sometimes that is still not enough. This phone is messed up so i recommend you not to get it. You might love it for the first 2 weeks but after that its crap. They sent me a new battery, but there was no difference. Anyone experiencing this problem or have a solution??? Thank you
    10-19-11 02:52 PM
    I guess it's just me, but I've been through 2 9900s with atrocious battery life. I love the phone, but without using wifi or bluetooth I get 10 hours at the very most. Today it only lasted 6 hours from unplugging to completely shutting down. Admittedly, I played music on it for about 2 hours, but the battery shouldn't be draining that quickly.. I'm hoping it's something silly that a software update will fix but my carrier hasn't put out a single OS update yet and it's starting to drive me a bit crazy.
    10-19-11 03:28 PM
    I've noticed slightly better battery life since day one. The thing with the car analogy is that yes, the engine will run better, maybe 10%, and that's a noticeable improvement. 10% better battery life on my 9900, I don't think I'd even notice it
    10-19-11 03:58 PM
    I love my 9900, I got it mid August and I'm still regularly finding new cool things to do with it. Love it!! Even if it does have shoddy battery life, I always get a full day of heavy usage out of it now if I give it an over night charge, but I'm prepared for the times I haven't charged it properly by having a spare charger to hand Sorted
    10-19-11 05:12 PM
    Yeah I saw the Title of the thread and thought, omg, I should start a thread becuase my 9930 is obviously acting weird as it gets about 1.3 days out of a charge.

BATTERY ISSUE: idk guys, I called verizon, they are gonna send me a new battery, mine lasts too long. (Fingers crossed!)
    10-19-11 06:41 PM
    my battery life is great, i get about 15 hours out of it with heavy use
    10-19-11 07:46 PM
    Been getting a solid 36-48hrs out of my battery.
    10-19-11 09:30 PM
    My battery life is mad short. I even took all the alerts off, and it still only lasts 5-6 hours. I'm not on it enough for it to be drained without any apps running. I don't know though, unless they make a more sustainable battery, I guess I'm stuck.
    10-19-11 09:35 PM
    I went to the service center in Indonesia to complaint.
    I asked battery is very short.
    they reply how short
    I said 11 hours or so. without wifi.
    Well, other people get 5-6 hours . so consider yourself lucky. This Bold Dakota is very short battery life and there is nothing we can do. Try get extra battery !.
    10-19-11 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD