How do I sync documents in docs to go for BB7?
    If you go to Dataviz Website, they direct you to BlackBerry Support for Docs-to-Go 3 that is included with BB7 devices.
    Blackberry Support has no info.
    HUGE CIRCLE ****!!!!!!
    10-05-11 01:24 PM
    I just spent an hour on the phone with BlackBerry Tech Support, only to be told that there is no way to sync the documents in OS7 once they are added to your device through the Desktop software. You have to drag the files into the desktop application each time you make a change to the file on your computer.
    The sync operations could be performed in the separate Documents to Go Desktop in previous operating systems.
    REALLY LAME to take a step backward in light of the fact that BlackBerry is struggling to keep market share!
    10-10-11 08:52 AM
    i used to always use the docs to go desktop ver. i'm dissapointed they aren't updating that to make it work with bb7
    10-10-11 12:12 PM
    The support tech I spoke with said he was sure that sooner of later DataViz would update the desktop application, but he had no info on time frame.
    It's unbelievable to me that RIM would purchase DataViz and embed a program in new OS7 that had less functionality than the old version!
    10-10-11 01:03 PM
    I just got my first OS7 device and have used DTG since back in my Palm days. To get the sync working, get the OTA link for DTG and install. (Make sure your computer files are updated if any DTG files were changed on your BB.) Use your DTG registration info and register the version 2.x DTG files app, just like back in BB OS6 and earlier. Delete the desktop files on the BB and make sure there is no desktop set up in DTG files. Open the DTG desktop on your computer and ADD the Device (pair the BB). Cancel the file setup and you're ready to sync. Works for me.
    12-08-11 09:46 AM
    I just got my first OS7 device and have used DTG since back in my Palm days. To get the sync working, get the OTA link for DTG and install. (Make sure your computer files are updated if any DTG files were changed on your BB.) Use your DTG registration info and register the version 2.x DTG files app, just like back in BB OS6 and earlier. Delete the desktop files on the BB and make sure there is no desktop set up in DTG files. Open the DTG desktop on your computer and ADD the Device (pair the BB). Cancel the file setup and you're ready to sync. Works for me.
    I will give this a try. It works even though DTG on OS7 device is version 3.x?
    12-09-11 01:14 PM
    I never sync with DTG. I found that to be an unneeded extra step and a real time killer. When I want to edit an existing doc using my PC, I just plug in via USB, click on removable drive (BB mem card) and type away - one step, not two. Now don't think that I don't have my docs backed up - that's done double. It is my morning routine to copy my memory card to my PC desktop every morning. Plus Norton is going to backup all my docs remotely (including my memory card docs which are then on my PC desktop) at 3 a.m. 7 days a week. In my opinion, DTG desktop software is not nearly as streamlined as what I've described above. And yep, I've been a DTG man since my Palm days.

-Phil
    (Using Tapatalk)
    12-11-11 09:31 PM
    I never sync with DTG. I found that to be an unneeded extra step and a real time killer. When I want to edit an existing doc using my PC, I just plug in via USB, click on removable drive (BB mem card) and type away - one step, not two. Now don't think that I don't have my docs backed up - that's done double. It is my morning routine to copy my memory card to my PC desktop every morning. Plus Norton is going to backup all my docs remotely (including my memory card docs which are then on my PC desktop) at 3 a.m. 7 days a week. In my opinion, DTG desktop software is not nearly as streamlined as what I've described above. And yep, I've been a DTG man since my Palm days.

-Phil
    (Using Tapatalk)
    I've also used DTG since my Palm days. I tried SugarSync over the weekend to solve the document sync issue and it works great. Now I can access documents stored on my PC directly from my handheld. The docs open with DTG for editing and are automatically edited on my PC also. Pretty sweet.
    12-12-11 07:56 AM
    install sugarsync, works really well. youll have to install it on your phone and computer. Once you have synced the file, you can edit it on either your phone or computer. you can also install it on many devices.
    12-14-11 10:38 PM
    Thanks so much for this!

Gonna give it a whirl. I,too, was deeply dissatisfied with the new docs to go being free and less user friendly than the $30 version I purchased.

The drag and drop certainly works, if you remember which files you most recently changed, and then remember not to change both, and then remember to drag and drop.

Clear as mud, really.
    But certainly a large step backwards...

1st edit... I don't have an OTA, just emails with links.
    Does anyone have an OTA they'd be willing to share? (I have my own reg code)
    much, much appreciated!

2nd edit... was able to restore PDF to go, and from there, registered app. had trouble with the word47, excel47, but registered anyway. after registering, I was sent to the dataviz page where i was able to get the docstogo ota (since i already had PDFtogo registered.) Saved that baby, fur sur!!!

paired like I used to do on OS 6, just like you said Andy, and am syncing as we speak!
    You're my current favorite hero!!

thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by cntrydncr223; 12-15-11 at 09:47 PM.
    12-15-11 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD