Seriously, it does! I hope the next BB has a front facing camera, flash, 8.0 megapixel and SIRI
    10-05-11 07:11 AM
    I don't care for:

1) Front facing camera... Who seriously would walk with the phone in FRONT of they're face?

2) 8.0 mp camera... I have a 14.1 camera that can take far better pictures than any mobile phone available.

3) Siri... I don't even use voice search on 9900 I can type and find everything much faster than a computer can recognize my voice.

This is a open forum but please THINK before posting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-11 07:16 AM
    I'm not interested in voice search applications but I'm always up for a better camera on my phone.

3migo and MetalxAssassinx like this.
    10-05-11 07:19 AM
    in regards to SIRI (which is now owned by apple so wont be going on any other phones)

have you in the last month, done or wanted to do the following:

1) use the voice activated universal search in OS7
    2) use voice dialling

if you answered no to both, then SIRI really isnt going to help you.
    10-05-11 07:23 AM
    Voice command works great in a controlled environment. I look forward to www.damnyouvoicecommand.com where frustrated Apple users can vent how SIRI misinterprets their voice commands in real world use. Think of a noisy moving car or walking down the street with typical street noises in background. Should make for good fun!
    10-05-11 07:25 AM
    I'm preeeeeetty sure the OP was being sarcastic guys...

But thats just me

BUT a front facing camera would be grand
    10-05-11 07:28 AM
    MEH... I would've been sold on the iFraud 4**** if it had its earlier concepts - like having the capability of projecting your screen on a wall or having a holographic keyboard. THOSE features imo seem more of 'real world' use.
    10-05-11 07:35 AM
    Well, I'm not so much into wanting to get siri, I can't see on a day to day practical use, but I would like a better camera on the 9900 like a 8 or even 10 megapix and also a front facing too.

10-05-11 07:45 AM
    I don't want to have to carry around a separate point and shoot.

Apple, yesterday, took smartphone cameras to the next level. It's not all about megapixels. Hardly. Purely based on the specs, the camera in the iPhone4S is the first ever that can actually replace a point and shoot camera. Before yesterday, digital cameras and phones were on separate levels.

So yes, starting now, EVERY manufacturer needs to step it up and at least match those specs, including RIM!

See some of the un-retouched samples at the bottom of the page:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=OjxNhcM8
    Last edited by mpscan; 10-05-11 at 08:22 AM.
    10-05-11 08:15 AM
    camera sure, but I'm fine with mine. siri, trust me from having an iPhone since they first released it, their voice command blew balls! it never was accurate and didn't work good. maybe the siri will be great, but not a feature to pull me back to it. the front facing camera, if you have had an iPhone or have an iPad, awesome the first month of having it, never used it after that for FaceTime, NEVER.

i love my bb and so glad sold my iPhone4 and bought a 9900!
    10-05-11 08:21 AM
    I don't care for:

1) Front facing camera... Who seriously would walk with the phone in FRONT of they're face?

2) 8.0 mp camera... I have a 14.1 camera that can take far better pictures than any mobile phone available.

3) Siri... I don't even use voice search on 9900 I can type and find everything much faster than a computer can recognize my voice.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

I don't know why I would think to ask my phone what the weather forecast is when I can simply open the weather app...
    10-05-11 08:25 AM
    I would love to see those on blackberry front facing camera and an 8 megapixel camera and stuff.. But honestly don't wanna see the same phone released with improvements.. Let's be patience and wait for qnx blackberrys

10-05-11 08:34 AM
    User: Hal, open rebel.doc
    Hal: I'm sorry, I can not open a file with a name that implies going against......

Well not yet anyway.

Let me ask how many people have prints of pictures made that they take from either their phone or digital camera? I mean professional prints. If you do what size do you have them made at?

All the megapixels in the world don't matter much unless you're having real prints being made and even then it depends on the size.
    10-05-11 08:37 AM
    Yea! It should also have apple branding instead of blackberry and be a full touchscreen and lacking push email!

10-05-11 08:58 AM
    There's a 5MP camera on the 9900, and for all the picture taking I do, it's perfect... I get that it's not a 10MP 1080p HD camera, but if I wanted to take professional pictures I'd prefer all the features of a true Digital SLR over a phone any day. There's a certain point where the human eye can't see any difference anyway.

As for SIRI, it would be nice for say driving... but I can't really think of anything else that I'd use it for to be honest. I don't think I'm going to care about voice recognition until I can replicate a cup of Earl Grey a-la Star Trek anyway :P
    10-05-11 09:00 AM
    I can't believe the first post didn't say "SIRIously"
    10-05-11 09:00 AM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    The bold 9900 form factor is perfect .. with an amazing keyboard and great functionality where it counts for the professional ...

Yes .. improvements are always welcome .. but this phone ROCKS now!!!!
    10-05-11 09:15 AM
    I've never used the voice services on any BlackBerry I've owned. Most likely never will. To me, Siri is just a gimmick like 3D on phones.

My 9930 is hands down the best communication device out right now. All other devices are overpriced toys to me.

Just my input...
    Jake Storm and Spawn12 like this.
    10-05-11 09:21 AM
    Things I wish was on the 9900 that is on the iPhone 4 or 4s....

More Apps & Retina Display, I admit, the retina display is so much sharper than a regular LCD with 'Liquid Graphics'.
    10-05-11 10:03 AM
    I don't care for:

This is a open forum but please THINK before posting.

I truly wonder why it seems as though some people feel that the ONLY way to use an FFC is while walking. I have seen the question asked quite a few times" "who wants to walk and videochat at the same time? OMG!!!"

It's funny, really.

I am fairly certain there are no laws that demand citizens must walk when they are using an FFC, but I could be wrong.
    10-05-11 10:12 AM
    I dont care about 8mpx, front cam nor SIRI
    RIM just give my damn auto-focus back!

It is nearly impossible to take any close shot photo!!
    10-05-11 10:23 AM
    honestly I think you ppl need to calm down.. First everyone got so excited that the bold touch is the best thing that's gonna come out and everyone rush to get it when it comes out and now that they announce the iphone 4s with these features u guys complaining that the bold need a better camera and this and that blah blah blah.. Stop rushing to buy a phone so quick and phones are relase with the new things they have on it.. Be happy with what u have technology is always gonna improve before our eyes.. And don't always need to compare phones

10-05-11 10:59 AM
    I think video chat on phones is next to impossible to enjoy unless both participants have the same phone and good signal quality. Besides, isn't it more fun just to ask her what she's wearing?

Jake Storm and kbz1960 like this.
    10-05-11 11:02 AM
    The better the camera the harder photos become to share and store, the 9900 is already saving photos as 1.6mb, the 9700 saved them as 500kb
    Video evem more so.

10-05-11 11:13 AM
    loves how everyone thinks that increased megapixels in the camera improves it doesn't, its still the same sensor size, also 5mp produces pictures with a higher resolution than ur computer screen.

At the end of the day unless your printing out bigger than a4 you will not bother you

at the end of a day its technique and knowing the limitations of your camera you will be fine (I use to get gud pictures on my old 3.2mp 8900 camera, and at the same time get bad ones just depends what i was taking a picture of (and my edof 9900 camera actually works better than my better halfs galaxy sII 8mp camera when taking pictures of our dog)
    10-05-11 11:37 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD