Is it me or is everyone hoping devcon really puts some juice back into RIM? Iam sitting here watching the Apple guy talk everything Apple and wondering about this Iphone. They are talking new apps and innovation. While I log onto crackberry and we here apps leaving will not provide support. Kevin is promoting CB contest. Im like maan where is the hype if DEVCON does not deliver any new info. My berry i will only use for bbm maybe this ichat is taking off slowly. I hate Apple but I'm like come on RIM put your hands up. Alot of Apple's new innovations Berry already had but ppl dont know that. RIM needs a new head of marketing and hype man They bring no new exictment. CO-CEO's is time for them to go. I think companies are coming to knock us off. I dont feel a momentum shifting? if it is a Iphone5 with new features RIM better build off their ideas bigger or better or this dead and will die slowly.
    10-04-11 12:43 PM
    RIM has a LOT of work to do if they want to catch up or even try to compete with Apple and Droid.

I found this quote from an article online:

First, escaping its tendency to launch �backwards-looking, uncompetitive products and software
    And this one:

�Four years after iPhone launched, RIM still hasn�t launched competitive Smartphone innovations or addressed its �app gap�,� the analyst noted. �With QNX, we believe RIM needs to renew its focus on innovative, bold user experiences.�
    They've yet to do anything even close to this, rather focusing their energy on releasing music clouds and phones that should have been released a year and a half ago.
    10-04-11 01:09 PM
    im watching some live 4GS blogs and im thinking iphone is trying to catch up and that it is a mini Ipad2. I just hope RIM keeps working on the innovation side because I absolutely love what I have with this 9930 and new things like Bridge. I would love to see NFC do something or other completely new tech. like that done by BB first, just for the hype factor alone would be great right about now.
    10-04-11 01:21 PM
    Yeah if you have seen Siri then you will have seen Apple acting as if they've just invented the damn function.
    Apple is smart, they make existing functions that much more slicker and smoother that they straightaway suffocate the competition.
    I bet you there will be something about imessage that will make BBM seem ponderous and old school. That is the Apple way.
    Again, with Devcon around the corner RIM has not done anything to wet appetites officially, something Apple does well. We are relying on titbits from Kevin and co.
    10-04-11 01:30 PM
    yes the app gap is a joke. What is Airplay if Apple has a bridge type of feature Rim should move quickly to remove dumb and dumber. APPLE isa talking about mirroring. OMG RIM. IOS 5 can understand in sms messages if u meantn to type rain or raincoat.. Siri voice based assistant coming to ios 5. nHands free will check appointments messages emails just talk. will send out msgs with voice, that is cool. Its over no new IPHONE 5 yes some new adjustments but this is RIMS chance new pb update and a qnx based phone that will bring what the consumer and business man want in one phone and come to market before the world explode
    10-04-11 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD