Hi Guys, my problem is this.

My old blackberry bold 9000 it was dropped and the scrollball and keys to the right and left of the scroll ball were damamged, im going to get this fixed however i want to wipe my phone as it has alot of personal data on before I take it to be repaired, now how can i reset the phone to factory settings so it wipes all my data etc? I cant use the scroll ball or the keys to the right and left of it, any ideas?
    10-04-11 06:33 AM
    Options > security > general > menu key >wipe device

or us BlackBerry Protect - wipe device (remote)
    10-04-11 06:56 AM
    Since you cant use the scroll wheel, I would use Dm to backup the device then use Dm to wipe and reload the OS without backing up and replacing the data. OR use a program like jl_Cmdr to wipe the device prior to using DM to reload the OS.
    10-04-11 07:43 AM
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help, im a novice at blackberry so would i need to install these programmes on my laptop, then connect my blackberry and run to wipe all the data?

i cant access the menus on the phone as the scroll ball is smashed.

Thanks
    10-04-11 09:16 AM
    10-04-11 09:27 AM
    You should have gotten the DM software when you purchased your phone....at any rate I bet you can download it from BlackBerry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-11 09:37 PM
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help, im a novice at blackberry so would i need to install these programmes on my laptop, then connect my blackberry and run to wipe all the data?

i cant access the menus on the phone as the scroll ball is smashed.

Thanks
    Yes, that's exactly what you need to do. As it's already been stated, you can download BB Desktop Manager to your laptop, download the OS, and re-load it.

If you are getting a new BB to replace your 9000, you're going to want to plug your old 9000 into your laptop and create a backup of all the device data before performing the wipe. This will ensure that all your contacts, messages, settings, etc will all be transferred to your new device via DM once you get it.

If you just want to full wipe the device, download BBSAK to completely clear out the device, OS and all...
    10-05-11 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD