I am due for a 2 year upgrade on verizon in December from my bb curve. I am seriously interested in the 9930 but wonder if I should wait until the Colt arrives with QNX. BTW i have, and love, my bb playbook. An suggestions?
    10-03-11 09:53 PM
    From what I remembered reading, the QNX phone is all touchscreen. If that is correct, the question is, do you want a physical keyboard?
    10-03-11 09:58 PM
    Get the 9930.

Let the early adopters get the new QNX.
    10-03-11 10:02 PM
    I would buy the Bold 9900 now since it is made from Bold 9700 and other Bolds in the past. I don't think the new QNX will have the same quality looking at the RIM's history.

You can also sell your Bold 9900 in two years or so and get the best QNX at that time. In electronics waiting is a bad idea.
    10-03-11 10:34 PM
    I bought the 9930. I feel I have finally found a phone that I can stick with for a while. Haven't been this happy with a phone since the 9000. Love it. I agree, waiting in electronics is a bad thing. Can always sell the 9930 later and buy a newer BB when the time comes.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-03-11 11:42 PM
    I upgraded with Verizon. Went from Bold 9650 to new 9930 and it is awesome. I was glad to upgrade now rather than wait. I'll probably keep my 9930 for at least my 2 years. Very good phone....
    10-03-11 11:52 PM
    Have 9930 on sprint and only 2 complaints are very poor recovery from loss of signal and the known scrolling issue. Hopefully both are addressed in next sw release, then i am perfectly happy. And the bridge with my playbook completes the package.

Having said that, I agree with previous post - decide if you need keyboard or prefer full touch. I personally will never give up keyboard, but my wife is leaning towards the 9850 (from 9630). I think she is crazy, but its her choice. Make yours and get whatever os7 bb fits your needs.
    10-04-11 02:02 AM
    I am due for a 2 year upgrade on verizon in December from my bb curve. I am seriously interested in the 9930 but wonder if I should wait until the Colt arrives with QNX. BTW i have, and love, my bb playbook. An suggestions?
    Hey buddy!

I suggest u upgrade now as 99xx is da best BB thus far and will be good for at least 2 years (until QNX devices have been tested "live" and upgraded to a stable point)

I had my 9000 for as long as I could and didn't bother with any in between... I did wait for 9900 so if you are patient waiting is not such a bad thing in Life... Electronic devices will spring forth without rest so it's not like we can have da "latest" technology on hand anyways...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-11 02:03 AM
    I love my Bold 9000 (had an 8707 before that) and have clung on to it for ages before ordering a 9900 a couple of days ago.

As a fellow Playbook owner you will have experience of RIM launching a new device on a new software platform. MY PB experience convinced me to go with OS7 as it has over 10 years of development behind it.

When my contract is up in 2 years I fully expect to go QNX, but I might just hang on to my 9900 and sign a SIM only deal. Wait! Who am I kidding?
    10-04-11 03:02 AM
    Thanks everyone. Seems we have agreement. Looking forward to December and my new phone!
    10-04-11 05:45 AM
    You will not be upset making the choice to get a 9930...I am not sure of many things, but this I am...

10-04-11 06:18 AM
    "In electronics, waiting is a good idea" WRONG. You don't always need the best newest greatest thing. I love people who buy a car every 2 years just to get the newest, safest car. Waste a whole lot of money. People aren't smart with their money these days.
    Same with electronics. I buy used and save on taxes. I always buy 6 months after initial launch.

I recently bought the Bold 9930 (New item for the second time) and signed up for a contract. What a mistake because I never sign contracts and now waiting for AT&T Bold.

Sit on the fence if you can hold out longer. Who knows, the price may go down later.
    10-04-11 06:45 AM
    I'd wait if I were you. While I LOVE my 9930, I expect I'll be upgrading to a the QNX phone when my NE2 is available in April next year. Since you are going to wait 3 more months, then you're probably only a few months away from the QNX phones.
    10-04-11 08:12 AM
    It depends on whether a) You want a physical keyboard( as I understand the QNX devices will be all touch) and b) You want to be an early adopter for the QNX line up. If you want a physical keyboard, go with the Bold. It should be good for 18 months to 2 years before being obsolete. If you're eager to be one of the first to test the new QNX (or BBX) phones, then wait for the new QNX. If you're uncomfortable with that, go with the Bold. It's up to you. Good luck!
    10-04-11 08:17 AM
    It depends on whether a) You want a physical keyboard( as I understand the QNX devices will be all touch) and b) You want to be an early adopter for the QNX line up. If you want a physical keyboard, go with the Bold. It should be good for 18 months to 2 years before being obsolete. If you're eager to be one of the first to test the new QNX (or BBX) phones, then wait for the new QNX. If you're uncomfortable with that, go with the Bold. It's up to you. Good luck!
    Where is this BS about the QNX phones being all touch? While I for one HOPE it is, all the pictures of COLT I've seen so far a 9900 look a-likes. http://www.bgr.com/2011/08/08/rims-f...ch-in-q1-2012/
    Last edited by chasvs; 10-04-11 at 08:39 AM.
    10-04-11 08:20 AM
    depends more on how long you can wait. is your phone broken/dead, and you need a replacement now? then get the 9900. if you can hold out for potentially another year (reports are Q1 for QNX, but i'm almost positive they won't come out till summer 2012 or later), then you should wait for QNX..
    10-04-11 10:50 AM
    I would wait a few months before getting the 9930 from Verizon. I just returned my new 9930 after I found out that half of my Apps would not transfer or would not work right on the 9930. Call tech support and was told they are having issues and they will get things worked out, but it may take several months, Went back to my dependable 9650.
    10-04-11 03:03 PM
    Where is this BS about the QNX phones being all touch? While I for one HOPE it is, all the pictures of COLT I've seen so far a 9900 look a-likes. RIM's first QNX phone revealed: BlackBerry Colt to launch in Q1 2012
    That isn't a real QNX device, it's just a 99x0 with a Playbook screenshot photoshopped onto it. Also, the first QNX phone is going to be touchscreen only, the classic BB form factor will follow afterwards. Check your facts before posting.
    10-04-11 03:29 PM
    In my opinion the bold 9000 was the best phone I ever had, and I have not been happy with different phones after it died with trackpad issues. I now have the 9900 and it is a worthy successor. The PERFECT mobile keyboard, great build and call quality. No bugs I have noticed. Fast , smooth and it will only get better with software improvements.
    I also surprisingly like the find the keyboard , touch screen UI much more intuitive that a full touchscreen or torch like device

10-04-11 03:52 PM
    Where is this BS about the QNX phones being all touch? While I for one HOPE it is, all the pictures of COLT I've seen so far a 9900 look a-likes. http://www.bgr.com/2011/08/08/rims-f...ch-in-q1-2012/

I believe RIM themselves have said that their 1st QNX phone will be all-touch. Sorry!

To the OP, if you're on the fence just wait two weeks for DevCon where RIM is supposed to show off a dev version of the 1st QNX phone.

It's looking to be completely different from the 99xx form factor... So it'll be whichever suits you best.
    10-04-11 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD