Ok, I lied before. THIS one is the last thread for a while. LOL sorry but I have to post these while I have time and am thinking about them.
    So, should I be turning off my BB ever? I never turn it off, except for the battery pulls that happen if it freezes or something. I even charge it on at night.

We don't have a house phone so I leave it on in case of emergency overnight. I always did that with my reg cell phones, but this being a computer machine and not just an ordinary phone, I wondered if I should turn it off or anything.

Just want to make it last and take proper care of it and stuff. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-08 11:49 PM
    I always leave my on. I only turn it off whenever I need to.
    08-27-08 01:16 AM
    Interesting question. I hardly turn mine off. I only turn it off when I want to be left alone.
    Last edited by thepreciousone; 08-28-08 at 03:21 AM.
    08-27-08 01:22 AM
    I don't turn mine off everyday. I do every couple of days. I'm really to addicted to leave it off for long. lol
    08-27-08 02:03 AM
    I haven't turned mine off at all (minus battery pulls) since I got it several months ago. I think I would die if I did. lol
    08-27-08 02:35 AM
    I haven't turned mine off since I got it in June, unless you count battery pulls.

08-27-08 02:43 AM
    I turn mine off every night before going to sleep.
    I have a landline, so anyone who really needs me
    knows how to get a hold of me.

If it is your only mode of communication, by all means leave it on.
    08-27-08 03:13 AM
    Mine is my only phone. I only turn it off when I'm on a plane. Otherwise it's on 24x7 and recharged every night.
    08-27-08 06:44 AM
    I leave it on all the time. Can't live without it. If I turned it off I'd be wondering every minute if I was missing anything. I'm way too addicted to be turning it off!

08-27-08 06:47 AM
    Personally I leave mine on all the time, the one execption being when I'm on holiday overses

08-27-08 06:50 AM
    Bb turn off? Lol JK

08-27-08 07:23 AM
    Turn it off during the week, on 24/7 on the weekends. And I never did this with any other device, which stayed on 24/7, I do it with the BB because it is a "computer-like device". I'm always recieveing messages and it's never that important or "addicting" to warrant checking. Don't become a slave to your phone.

Now of course this is because I have a landline, your situation sounds like it warrants it to stay on at all times. So the short of it, whatever works for you.
    08-27-08 07:42 AM
    I use the Auto On/Off function every night. Weekdays it's off between 1 am and 6 am; weekends it's off between 2 am and 7 am. I do this to extend battery power and to not be bothered while I get my beauty sleep.
    08-27-08 08:27 AM
    Always on, except for the battery pull or beta OS loading.
    08-27-08 08:28 AM
    Always on here as well, except for the resets -- then its off for, oh, say, fifteen seconds .
    08-27-08 09:05 AM
    I've had mine over a year and I never turn it off unless I'm out of the country. (I was once billed for incoming calls while out of the country even though I didn't answer the calls or use the phone at all).
    08-27-08 09:11 AM
    I always leave mine on.......and really there isn't any reason to turn it off because it does have energy saving things in it....I'd set your backlight settings to where you dont have to really turn it off
    08-27-08 12:16 PM
    i never shut mine off, i mean i do a soft reset once a week, but that only turns it off for a few seconds.
    08-27-08 12:21 PM
    Off every night. Might experiment with the auto off/on feature.
    08-27-08 12:44 PM
    Soft-resets that is it, works like a champ, nothing better than getting a spam text at 2 in the morning
    08-27-08 12:47 PM
    I turn mine off every night when I go to bed. The last thing I need at 2am is spam waking me up!

08-27-08 12:57 PM
    Mine is always on! I put it on DND so it doesn't ring at night when it's charging, but it's always "on"!

08-27-08 01:05 PM
    All day everyday only line I have.

Is there a way to have your profile change automatically at a specific time of day? I sometimes forget to turn it to vibrate at night and would love it if it did it on its own. Get awakened if I forget. I know you can have it auto on/off.

08-27-08 01:05 PM
    I set mine to phone only at night and keep it powered on all the time.
    My mom also has a Curve as her only phone. Hers stays on all the time and she has a reminder set to do a battery pull once a week while she is at work.

If it's your only phone, I would keep it on all the time.
    08-27-08 01:06 PM
    Mine stays on 24/7. The only time it goes off is when I do a batt pull to exchange batteries which is daily. I work at night so during the daytime I have it on quiet. When I awake generally I'll check all of my emails, sms, mms, and BBM invites for the day.

08-27-08 01:14 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD