What is the normal battery drain if you go to sleep at night and leave your 9900 unplugged at 100 percent? I woke up this morning and lost 8 percent in 8 hours, the stand by for this device on the phones box says 30 days?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 11:29 AM
    If you have a ton of stuff running in the background you will see consumption. Press and hold the bb key and it will show you what is running in the background. Any more the the standard 5 will gobble juice. Standard 5 is bbm, messages, browser, home and phone.

10-03-11 12:11 PM
    Also check if there are lot of signal bars where you sleep. If it's poor, it could be switching between HSPA, 2G and SOS, and that would definitively drain your battery faster.

I lose about 1-3% over night with minimal apps running. Also, I find that using Wifi at home conserves the battery power better, since a data connection through the 3G radio uses up more power.
    10-03-11 12:30 PM
    I only left it once overnight without charging and only lost 5% but did use it a bit after fully charging it before going to bed and a bit in the morning, I then looked and it was at 95%

10-03-11 12:46 PM
    Also take into consideration any apps that update themselves automatically. Twitter & Facebook have options to automatically update at a set schedule, and the same is true for BerryWeather, etc. Those will all use juice as they work, even if they aren't open all the time in the background.
    10-03-11 12:49 PM
    expect a "standby" drain of 1-2% an hour while the phone is on and not being used. the 30 days of standby is if you fully charge the phone and leave it powered off. ive done this with my old 9700 which i didnt use anymore. i fully charged it and let it sit on my nightstand. it was on but the radio was off. the battery finally went to red after like 20 or something days. even when turned off totally or just the radio off, it will still drain over time.

if you let it sit all by itself, on and with full signal but untouched, the battery will only last a few days. hope this clears it up.
    10-03-11 03:58 PM
    I see thanks for clarifying it for me, I thought stand by meant the phone was on with the radio on.

10-03-11 04:32 PM
    I lose 2% per hour with WLAN and EDGE/2G when I don't do anything with it. With 3G it's about 5%/hour :/ No apps besides email/bbm (what I don't use anymore but can't delete... ) and browser/phone app )

When I use auto off/on I lose no balk/percent battery.

But I lost overnight about 50% battery one times. I didn't let the device go to auto off and forgot to "off" it later.

This was due to a carrier problem. a few hundreds or thousends of reconnecting to the network...
    10-03-11 06:18 PM
    Turn the radio off and there will be no drain.have it in the charger.

10-03-11 07:08 PM
    One time I went from 100 to 0 in 8 hours while I was sleeping

10-03-11 07:09 PM
    I lose 2% per hour with WLAN and EDGE/2G when I don't do anything with it. With 3G it's about 5%/hour :/ No apps besides email/bbm (what I don't use anymore but can't delete... ) and browser/phone app )

When I use auto off/on I lose no balk/percent battery.

But I lost overnight about 50% battery one times. I didn't let the device go to auto off and forgot to "off" it later.

This was due to a carrier problem. a few hundreds or thousends of reconnecting to the network...
    i can get 1-2% an hour with wifi on and H+.
    10-03-11 08:10 PM
    Seems mine lasts a bit longer with gps location and wifi off when not needed. My 9930 came off the charger at 5:00 am, surfed for 2 hrs, downloaded 250 mb worth of files on wifi, used the phone for 1 hour and am surfing now for another hour. I have 55% battery left and will plug it back in this evening when I hit the hay. It seems to be getting better every week!

10-03-11 09:28 PM
    One time I went from 100 to 0 in 8 hours while I was sleeping

Charge it every chance u get, even if at 100%. It's good for battery and removes all doubt whether u'll have a good charge in the morning.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-03-11 09:29 PM
    i can get 1-2% an hour with wifi on and H+.
    yeah, that's really good!

If I have 3G activated it uses up to 5% per hour. But with additional WLAN it is also reduced to ~3%. BTW I have 3G - but in my case this means I have almost always min. 3mbit download speed. That is good enough for a mobile device. Max is 7mbit in my area and with my carrier and 14,4mbit is already available in bigger cities.

I have only 3 of 5 bars reception. around 90dp in my home so it is not ideal.
    (funny everywhere else I have really good reception )
    10-05-11 06:49 PM
    Seems mine lasts a bit longer with gps location and wifi off when not needed. My 9930 came off the charger at 5:00 am, surfed for 2 hrs, downloaded 250 mb worth of files on wifi, used the phone for 1 hour and am surfing now for another hour. I have 55% battery left and will plug it back in this evening when I hit the hay. It seems to be getting better every week!

I recognised it as well - after now almost 4 weeks now I get threw a day without problems. This week I also used 3G the whole time. Before I only used 2G/EDGE and only changed that to 3G if it was necessary - besides trying to get to wifi as much as possible.

But somehow I still wished my phone could still run a week
    10-05-11 06:55 PM
    This happened to mine the last few nights since upgrading to 7.0.0.353. I will wake up and it will be boiling hot and dead. Good suggestions posted, thanks
    10-05-11 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD