Well my phone history goes something like this:
    8100 > 8110 > 9000 > 9700 > Galaxy S > iphone > 9700 > 9800 > Atrix > 9810

I had been using my Atrix for about 4 months when i decided to give OS7 a shot.
    Seems like i always comeback to a BB for one simple reason: the keyboard.
    I used to say it was the battery life as well, but this 9810 isnt that great (1 day at best).
    My impressions have been mixed. it really doesn't FEEL that different from OS6.. more like OS6.5.

PROS:
    *The camera has seem to have gotten better since my 9800 (not just video). Probably due to the GPU?
    *Great Keyboard
    *Pretty smooth, browser has improved much from the 9800.
    *White looks nice
    *Screen DPI is very good. Great looking screen.
    *I love using volume up and down to control tracks

Cons:
    *Apps...The lack of APP's doesn't bother me TOO much, but it is a odd thought knowing that under the hood, this thing is better than a Galaxy phone(gen 1), but since the OS is so dated, it cant do half as much.
    *Stock Theme (hate sliding up and down).. waiting for themebuilder.
    *Battery life (i cant even get a day.. but i expected this). I miss my 9700 + OS5 battery life.
    *Has frozen 3 times in a week.

All in all, pretty balanced list.

The worst part about is apps, is knowing that even if QNX rocks in its capabilities, you still need to have the demand for apps.. and i just dont think the developers are going to be there.. They make too much with andriod / iOS's HUGE customer base. Im not certain in BB's future.. If this / 9900 had come out 2-3 years ago (and they COULD have), things would be much different / better.

Im still under my 30 days... I think i would really love to try a 9900, but its taking forever to come out, and from what i've read its kind buggy / worse battery.. Other than non-sliding, its the same phone.

I would try the galaxy S, but i think its too big (surface area, i know its thin).

Really, im just on the fence between keeping this, or returning (waiting) for a 9900.. anyone else doing the same?
    Last edited by mic_crispy; 10-23-11 at 07:28 PM.
    faithman likes this.
    10-02-11 10:21 PM
    Can I ask something?
    It's really hard for me to choose one between Atrix 4G and 9810...
    As you have experience in both phones, can you give me any advice on it?
    I think Atrix will give me much more app choices than 9810, but I not sure how unstable android is compared to BB OS7. I don't want to deal with random reboot / freeze even if the phone has super performance...
    10-02-11 10:51 PM
    I liked my atrix alot. More than other andriod phones.. the size is perfect. 4in screen (not to big, or small). Thin. Great specs. Do yourself a huge favor though, and delete all the preloaded apps you can. Makes a difference.

Mine had to be rebooted / froze about once a week. Which is about the same as any phone i have owned.

Honestly, the phone is better in every way then my 9810, sans the keyboard.
    I ended up using swiftkey X on the atrix.

Email is honestly the same... Gmail is better on the atrix, but my corp exchange comes in better on the BB.. one thing i did like about android more though, is that it would sync with my calender / contacts on exchange, and the BB wont without BES.

apps is no contest. web is no contest. media is no contest (esp with the HDMI out.. that was awesome)..
    4g is very quick on the atrix (my bb inet is much slower, probably due to BIS compress / extra step).
    Navigation is worlds better on the Atrix. Locks so much quicker, and uses google navigation.
    I like multi-tasking better on the Atrix (the notification bar is great)...

So yeah. need a keyboard? 9810 imo... Dont need one? Atrix.
    10-02-11 11:00 PM
    Thanks for fast reply!!
    Well, I'm using old 8320 now and I really like my old 8320's keyboard.
    It's hard to make a decision between keyboard and all other (maybe not )
    Again, thanks a lot! It helped me a lot!!
    10-02-11 11:06 PM
    Thanks for posting your impressions, I'm hoping to get my Torch soon so I appreciate anyone's impressions of the device.
    10-03-11 07:13 AM
    The touch screen some times dos not respond on single touch.. Is that normal???
    10-11-11 02:21 AM
    The touch screen some times dos not respond on single touch.. Is that normal???
    I'm getting that too!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-11 05:47 AM
    In a word - amazing.
    10-11-11 01:10 PM
    OP, I think you should try the Blackberry 9900 if Keyboard is the main reason for coming back to Blackberry.
    10-11-11 01:23 PM
    Just to update everyone. I ended up trading in the 9810 For a Atrix 2...

The Torch 2 was okay, but the camera still wasnt great, battery was less than my Atrix, keyboard still felt a little cramped (the 9900 would fix this), and it often froze, or just hung up for 1-10 seconds here and there. Typical BB.
    I really missed the browser / apps / screen size too.. more than i thought i would.

They where selling the Atrix 2 at Best buy for 49.99...
    8mp Camera, dual core, 21mbps "4"G, andriod 2.3, 4.3in screen, 1gb ram, VERY THIN... so i decided to give it a shot. Cant beat it for the price..

I really hate phones with a screen larger than 4in, but this phone doesnt have too much blank space between the screen and the bezel, so it actually feels smaller than my org. atrix. And honestly, feels aton smaller than the Torch 2 (weighs less, much thinner).

I was smart and returned, and then upgraded again, so i reset my 30 days. hearing that the 9900 is coming out makes me want to try it, but really, its EXACTLY the same as my Torch 2 (specs, os, memory etc), but a smaller screen and better keyboard. i just dont think it will be enough to keep me on a BB, for now.
    10-23-11 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD