hey i finally got my bold 9780 and i'm loving this phone upgrade from the curve 3G, anyways my question is this i had a friend take a pic of me but they took it on the side and now i can't rotate it, (it does let me rotate it it just wont save for some reason does anyone know how i can fix this or is this just how the bold is?
    next question the battery life seems to be very well i've been using it a lot today BBM,fb,twitter,msn a few calls maybe (20mins) and it's down to about 65% is that normal?, i've heard of people getting 2-3days out of it, now i'm nowhere near low battery i'm just wondering that's all

took my phone off charger at apx 11A and it's now 8:30PM
    10-02-11 07:29 PM
    To rotate the pic, there are Apps from AppWorld to do this. I suppose its possibly a paid App.

As for your battery life you are currently experiencing, I doubt whether its anything but optimal esp. since you claim its a new phone, the stock OS must .4xx or lower.

Get onto .666 or the .650 and your Battery life would improve along with all other aspects of the phone.

All of us on this Forum who's on either of these versions of the OS have NIL complaints.
    10-02-11 08:08 PM
    ah ok perfect i am using an older stock Os 6.0.0.461, now my question is how to i update that new the 666,650 as you have suggested, DM is saying my OS is up to date
    10-02-11 09:33 PM
    There are tons of threads explaining how to update your os version. Check the sticky threads on top of this forum. A new phone will always need a couple of charges before settling, but .650 is giving excellent battery life though.
    10-03-11 04:31 AM
    There are two main ways to update the OS. Here is CrackBerry's article explaining how to use Desktop Manager:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

You can also use AppLoader:
    Download OS to PC.
    Following download, run OS file to install OS on PC. Follow on screen directions.
    On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled and also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    Connect BB to PC. Open Desktop Manager and backup device. Close DM.
    On PC, go to
    (64): Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete Vendor file.
    (32): Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete Vendor file.
    You can run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool to shrink the OS and remove unwanted files/apps.
    Run AppLoader (Research in Motion/AppLoader) to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions. Be sure to have PC plugged in to power source. Do not interrupt install process. Wait until BB restarts completely.
    Power up your BB and ensure that your apps are working. You may need to upgrade some apps (particularly BBM, as some OS versions contain old BBM versions).

Before you upgrade, be sure to create a back up on Desktop Manager. You can find the latest OS version stickied at the top of the forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...dafone-653712/

If you're looking for battery saving tips, check out this CrackBerry article:
    http://crackberry.com/ten-tips-and-t...y-battery-life

Good luck getting the most out of your Berry!
    10-03-11 07:21 AM
    alright i'm going to give this a try thanks everyone
    Also i lost 4% just on standby from 11:30AM-3:00PM didn't touch it, tho i did get a few fb msgs but didn't open them or turn on the screen ( i find that very odd)
    10-03-11 02:16 PM
    also i do have other OS's on my computer from my curve can i leave them on or is it better to remove them?
    10-03-11 02:21 PM
    You could leave the 9300 OS's but if there is no need for them i would remove them
    10-03-11 03:48 PM
    also i do have other OS's on my computer from my curve can i leave them on or is it better to remove them?
    You can leave older OS on your computer. If you want to get rid of them, uninstall using Control Panel. Then, go into the Shared folder and delete the files in the folder.
    10-03-11 05:21 PM
    next question the battery life seems to be very well i've been using it a lot today BBM,fb,twitter,msn a few calls maybe (20mins) and it's down to about 65% is that normal?, i've heard of people getting 2-3days out of it, now i'm nowhere near low battery i'm just wondering that's all

took my phone off charger at apx 11A and it's now 8:30PM
    that seems about right for the moderate to heavy usage you described.
    10-03-11 05:29 PM
    alright i'm going to give this a try thanks everyone
    Also i lost 4% just on standby from 11:30AM-3:00PM didn't touch it, tho i did get a few fb msgs but didn't open them or turn on the screen ( i find that very odd)
    under optimal circumstances, your phone will lose 1-2% an hour just being connected to the network and on. only losing 4% in 3.5 hours is very good for just sitting at idle. by comparison, if you turn your network connection off and just it sit there, it will dip below 1% an hour. face it, the battery will obviously have to drain to power the device. but like i said, that discharge rate for that amount of time is perfectly normal, if not better than some others.
    10-03-11 05:31 PM
    hi laurah2215 plzzzzz give me a quick reply, will a shrinked os 7 ( reduced to 112mb ) work on my bold 9780, is it a good idea to update my phone with it
    03-11-14 10:20 AM
    @Sarfaraz: No - OS 7 will not work on a Bold 9780. Only OS 6 will work on these phones. Personally I have used .666 as I find it has been all round solid OS with stunning battery life. Read around a efw posts and you'll see plenty of waffle from people like me about why you want .666, where to get it, and how to install it.

As to "shrunk" or "custom" OS versions - I never bothered. Full on IT Support Geek here so it isn't a lack of talent stopping me. Just find that .666 rocks. Does everything well, and never need to do the constant battery pulls I read some people used to do.
    03-13-14 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD