I saw a kid using his iPhone to take class notes the other day when I was at a review session. I've never seen people do that before but I figured the 9930 keyboard would be WAY better for something like that.

What do you guys think? Is it weird to take class notes with a Blackberry? A good idea maybe?

-taco
    10-01-11 04:16 PM
    I do it all the time in work meetings.
    tacocaliente likes this.
    10-01-11 04:36 PM
    Buy a Freedom Pro Keyboard and note taking on your BlackBerry will be a breeze.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 04:54 PM
    Buy a Freedom Pro Keyboard and note taking on your BlackBerry will be a breeze.

Is that the really small Bluetooth keyboard on amazon? I was considering it but I thought typing would be too difficult. How's the learning curve?
    10-01-11 05:35 PM
    When I was in grad school I took notes on my Sidekicks. As a courtesy whenever I had a new prof I would tell them at the beginning of class that I was using my phone to take notes and not to think I was texting or anything. And for the first week I would show them the notes I took after class. None of my profs had any problem with it.
    ThatsAngel likes this.
    10-01-11 06:11 PM
    When I was in grad school I took notes on my Sidekicks. As a courtesy whenever I had a new prof I would tell them at the beginning of class that I was using my phone to take notes and not to think I was texting or anything. And for the first week I would show them the notes I took after class. None of my profs had any problem with it.
    Quoting here because it's the same I planned to say. Professors are generally okay with it. You definitely don't want to be the one in the back of the class with your face buried in your device.
    10-01-11 06:25 PM
    I also use a bluetooth keyboard with I bought for a Dell Axim X51v (decades old :0). Works great
    10-01-11 06:30 PM
    love the combination of my 9930 and Playbook! I use the Playbook Bridge to my 9930 Notes and tasks during meetings. way better than trying to take notes on the Bold alone.
    blackoutRF likes this.
    10-01-11 06:40 PM
    I'm a song writer and have been using bb to write my lyrics for the last 2 years. Then I got bbnotepad which saves files to the media card. After moving to the 9930 I was concerned my last 2 years of writing would be lost when bbnotepad wouldn't work. I was happy to find out it was completely compatible with Os7. There isn't any reason you shouldn't take notes with your bb. Just make sure to backup frequently. Welcome to the paperless world!

10-01-11 07:12 PM
    love the combination of my 9930 and Playbook! I use the Playbook Bridge to my 9930 Notes and tasks during meetings. way better than trying to take notes on the Bold alone.
    Man, I wished I had that combo when i was doing my undergraduate degree.
    10-01-11 07:13 PM
    I saw a kid using his iPhone to take class notes the other day when I was at a review session. I've never seen people do that before but I figured the 9930 keyboard would be WAY better for something like that.

What do you guys think? Is it weird to take class notes with a Blackberry? A good idea maybe?

-taco
    That's awesome that you are using your BB to take notes. It has a great keyboard, you may as well put it to use.
    10-01-11 07:43 PM
    Go to freedominput.com/freedom-accessories/freedom-pro-keyboard to see it. It's small enough to throw in your purse or backpack and it works really well. Not much of a learning curve. Very easy to get used to.
    tacocaliente likes this.
    10-01-11 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD