Back when I had my BlackBerry, it was easy to communicate and share info with forum members because of PIN sharing via BlackBerry Messenger.
    Now that I no longer have BBM, that line of communication is gone.
    What are some ways you all are staying in contact with your fellow forum members?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    10-01-11 11:03 AM
    I think some people use LiveProfile..although i've never tried it. One option would be Google +..I know I use this with a bunch of people from XDA forums. I've got a couple people from Crackberry on Whatsapp..although that requires giving out your phone number.

I thing G+ would be the way to go though personally..
    10-01-11 11:08 AM
    I think some people use LiveProfile..although i've never tried it. One option would be Google +..I know I use this with a bunch of people from XDA forums. I've got a couple people from Crackberry on Whatsapp..although that requires giving out your phone number.

I thing G+ would be the way to go though personally..
    How are members going about inviting others for Google+?
    Is there a sub forum like the one for BBM PIN sharing?

10-01-11 11:27 AM
    Live Profile
    Google Talk
    Google Voice
    Email
    Skype video
    PM
    Twitter

I use all of the above! Used to use Facebook and Google Plus but I cancelled those accounts.
    10-01-11 11:36 AM
    Live Profile
    Google Talk
    Google Voice
    Email
    Skype video
    PM
    Twitter

I use all of the above! Used to use Facebook and Google Plus but I cancelled those accounts.
    Wow. How is Live Profile?
    I used it a few times but deleted it. Wasn't sure if it was draining my battery.

10-01-11 11:48 AM
    G+... Twitter.
    10-01-11 11:57 AM
    Wow. How is Live Profile?
    I used it a few times but deleted it. Wasn't sure if it was draining my battery.

I think Live Profile is awesome. Don't notice any excessive battery drain at all. Looks nice, has Read and Sent indicators, file sharing. Works as well as BBM for me.
    10-01-11 12:07 PM
    The Live Profile user experience is much closer to BBM than anything else I've found.
    10-01-11 12:30 PM
    I got rid of LiveProfile...Found it to be a POS and got way too many spam invites.

I use gtalk/g+ the most to communicate with people I have met on forums. For those who have iOS 5 that I communicate with, I have their number and we iMessage.
    lssanjose likes this.
    10-01-11 01:16 PM
    I got rid of LiveProfile...Found it to be a POS and got way too many spam invites.

I use gtalk/g+ the most to communicate with people I have met on forums. For those who have iOS 5 that I communicate with, I have their number and we iMessage.
    I think the spam invites did it for me, especially when I couldn't get rid of those notices for them. I do like google+ and its messenger features. Embedded picture support, like whatsapp, but doesn't require the release of your personal phone number. Now if Google+ were to have file sharing, it'd be the icing on the cake.
    10-01-11 01:40 PM
    Spam invites? I haven't had any at all. Did you post your LP PIN somewhere public?
    10-01-11 04:16 PM
    Spam invites? I haven't had any at all. Did you post your LP PIN somewhere public?
    PIN was in profile, and that pin sharing thread a while back

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    10-01-11 04:25 PM
    PIN was in profile, and that pin sharing thread a while back

Wish it was more like BlackBerry Messenger. The only way someone could send a BBM request was from another activated BlackBerry device.

10-01-11 04:36 PM
    gtalk and sms.
    10-01-11 05:13 PM
    I suspect G+ will possibly roll some more features in. We can already Huddle with videochat; file transfer would be nice.
    10-01-11 07:51 PM
    Google Talk.
    10-02-11 01:34 AM
    gTalk and G+ primarily.
    10-02-11 09:12 AM
    Is there a way to sign into a different account using Google Talk?

10-02-11 10:52 AM
    Is there a way to sign into a different account using Google Talk?

What so people don't have your real account? lol

Yea just make another Google account and sign in. You will need an IM client that handles multiple accounts. The stock Android one only allows for one account I believe. I use BeeJive and I have my AIM and gtalk accounts running at all times. I can run multiple gtalk accounts if I had more than one.
    10-02-11 12:47 PM
    I forgot about Google Latitude. I add forum member to that and just stalk them in person. It's effective.
    10-02-11 12:50 PM
    What so people don't have your real account? lol

Yea just make another Google account and sign in. You will need an IM client that handles multiple accounts. The stock Android one only allows for one account I believe. I use BeeJive and I have my AIM and gtalk accounts running at all times. I can run multiple gtalk accounts if I had more than one.
    Google Talk keeps logging in with the account I use to activate my device. Its not the account I use to communicate with friends. I disabled 'Automatically sign in', as well as signing out of the app. When i open the app it keeps logging into that same account.

10-02-11 03:24 PM
    Mine does the same thing! I disabled auto log in, yet when I sign out, and click Google Talk icon it auto signs me in!
    10-02-11 03:27 PM
    I also use LiveProfile, Kik, PingChat, and G+ as my main way to chat with forum members. I also loaded XMS, but don't know too many people using it. I'm glad to chat with just about anyone, and haven't had any spam, mostly since I don't post PINs publicly - I prefer to just give out PINs via PM.
    10-02-11 03:31 PM
    Mine does the same thing! I disabled auto log in, yet when I sign out, and click Google Talk icon it auto signs me in!
    Thought it was just me. The version on my Samsung Tablet displays all of my accounts, and allows me to sign into which ever one I choose.
    No such luck with the version on my phone.

10-02-11 03:52 PM
    Google Talk keeps logging in with the account I use to activate my device. Its not the account I use to communicate with friends. I disabled 'Automatically sign in', as well as signing out of the app. When i open the app it keeps logging into that same account.

So if you log into the other account it signs you out and auto logs you into the other account?

Just get BeeJive or IM+. I use BeeJive. Either can do what you are asking.
    10-02-11 03:56 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD