I picked up an 8520 from Rogers about a month and a half ago for my mom, as our new van has bluetooth built into it now. Its a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan with the uConnect package.

Currently, there are 3 phones paried to it:
    #1 - My Dad's 9700
    #2 - My Torch
    #3 - My Mom's 8520

It has worked perfectly up until this past Thursday. I have deleted all the pairings, and re-paired everything. Done a Battery pull on the Curve. The 9700 and the Torch work without a problem.

The 8520 is no making calls when you use the voice command prompt anymore. You are supposed to push the phone button on the steering wheel, say "Call Dad, mobile" and it would confirm the name with you and then call. Well now when its just my moms phone in the van, it will go through its usual "uConnect phone, BlackBerry Curve, Ready" speech, but then it never beeps for you to say the name. If the Curve wasn't connected, it would just say "uConnect Phone, ready" - which isn't really ready...

If I turn off the BT on the curve and turn on the BT and connect either one of the other phones it works properly, every time.

I'm assuming that its something with the Curve that is causing this right? The bluetooth connection is set to connect automatically, and its a trusted connection. The Curve seems to like to cycle the connection i've noticed. It will flash the "connected" and "terminated" messages on the screen of the phone randomly after the initial connection.

I'm going to try and use the uconnect in my car tomorrow and see if the curve will do the same thing there too. My car has a mygig in it, so its a different uconnect system, but still, the 9700 and 9800 work flawlessly with it as well.

I'm also going to try pairing just my mom's curve to the van to see if that has any effect.

The Curve 8520 has the factory OS on it, (4.5.something i think) as I can't seem to upgrade it to the latest release without a data plan on the phone (which is hugely stupid)

Anybody have any ideas???

Thanks!!
    Last edited by UN4GTBL; 10-01-11 at 09:06 PM.
    10-01-11 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD