on my 9800 ,running the official 600 ver, but was curious about the 666, so downloaded it. apploader does not see the download, and BBSAK does not see the phone , and the DM says there are not updates available? what can I do? I don't need to install this l version, but now am concerned that it did not work? now I am bothered by it not working, I may need to really need it one day? anyone else have these problems , and is there a workaround?
    09-30-11 10:05 PM
    Did you follow the directions found here? Did you remember to delete the Vendor.xml file before starting to download the OS?
    10-01-11 01:51 AM
    yes to all. vendor file gone, fresh install of BBSAK and the DM. other versions of BB gone, but still stumped why my DM sees the phone but not BBSAK . and the DM does not see the new
    666 install? app loader goes nowhere.
    Last edited by tcseacliff; 10-01-11 at 10:06 AM.
    10-01-11 10:02 AM
    I am doing something wrong but can't figure out what. BBSAK finally saw my phone so I clicked load OS , picked the 666 from the list and it goes through the same steps as the DM does, just runs the apploader but does not change the OS version, just seems to reload the apps,I don't get the blackberry screen you get when you do an install,don't know what is wrong. any ideas folks? the 600 is a good build, but now I just want to know what I am doing wrong? thanks all for my putting up with my noobness
    10-01-11 11:20 AM
    i am also facing the same problem i think os666 doesnt exist
    10-01-11 12:47 PM
    maybe the "666" should have been a heads up? I will wait for the next carrier official. the 600 is a good build anyway,but just bugs me it won't install! it's the devil's work,I tell ya!!
    10-01-11 12:51 PM
    I had this problem when i wanted to install the version. I just made a research on my computer for vendor file. it was found in several places. I've deleted all i found and after that i was able to install the software.
    10-02-11 01:21 PM
    10-02-11 01:26 PM
    I did the delete the only one I saw. I am running win 7 and the link you posted for the hidden ones, I cannot get it to read like that. there is no "me", or virtual anything in the link . just the common fiiles,program research in motion, apploader
    10-02-11 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD