I purchased be weather from app world and the wallpaper widget does not want to work. Whenever I enable it, it just reverts back to the wallpaper that came with the theme on my phone. I have bold 9780 OS 6. Don't know if anyone else is having the same issue. Having a lot of trouble getting a response from bellshare about the issue.
    09-30-11 09:50 PM
    That's how it works.. If you device is plugged in via USB.

The image is on your media card, its contents can't be seen on the phone with it connected to the computer. But if you move the image to your device memory then it won't revert back.
    09-30-11 10:23 PM
    I know the phone can't read the pictures when it is plugged in via USB. That is not my problem. I have many wallpapers on my memory card in my phone to use. When i first got the app the wallpaper feature was working. Then slowly here and there it would start switching back to the theme wallpaper. Now it just doesn't work at all.
    09-30-11 10:57 PM
    What is the current version you have installed?
    09-30-11 11:08 PM
    2.6.12 os6
    09-30-11 11:21 PM
    Just in case you're not aware (cuz I wasn't) just deleting AppWorld won't fix it. You also have to go into your Media folder, click menu - explore - device - blackberry - app world (I think that's the order) and delete that folder as well. That's where they hide all the goodies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

EDIT - My bad - it's media folder - menu - explore - device - home - user - appworld.
    right now, believe it or not, it seems to be working correctly, wallpaper holding now for a few minutes so far. i can't say for how long. thanks so much for how to get those app world folders out of device - never would have found them.

thanks again
    10-01-11 08:50 AM
    this is the problem i've been having with beweather, wallpaper won't hold and it keeps flopping back to default theme wallpaper.

put in 2 tickets to bellshare since last week trying to get the fix on this - no response.

asked mobihand if they could help, they have sent email or whatever to bellshare either wednesday or thursday, asked them to respond within 24-48 hours - nothing.

i to am using 2.6.12 on sprint 6.0.0.600

yes, program worked fine for awhile then just started messing up - very frustrating with no customer support. i can't even find a previous version of bw to go back to. i have read and also left messages in bw's forums, absolutely no responses from anyone.

does anyone else have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

any help would be appreciated, thanks all - kim
    10-01-11 09:40 AM
    There is a thread in here I think about the newest AppWorld sucking up so much device memory (it saves all those preview pics etc on your device in a folder - mine was up to 9 MB before I deleted it) that BerryWeather doesn't have enough memory to operate correctly. Don't know if this has anything to do with your problem or not. You might want to check your device memory and look for the App World folder & see how much stuff has been saved there. Hope you get it straightened out.

kam2958 likes this.
    10-01-11 10:32 AM
    i tried pulling that out, made no difference at the time, will try again, thanks
    10-01-11 10:43 AM
    Just in case you're not aware (cuz I wasn't) just deleting AppWorld won't fix it. You also have to go into your Media folder, click menu - explore - device - blackberry - app world (I think that's the order) and delete that folder as well. That's where they hide all the goodies.

EDIT - My bad - it's media folder - menu - explore - device - home - user - appworld.
    Last edited by Chrysalis1156; 10-01-11 at 11:22 AM.
    kam2958 likes this.
    10-01-11 11:05 AM
    is there any way to revert back to the old app world? Maybe that would fix our issue?
    10-01-11 11:24 AM
    found app world folders, pulled them, now pulling out programs, will let you all know if any of this worked - thanks again, kim

crazy huh
    10-01-11 11:27 AM
    Np. I don't know if there's a link to get the old appworld or not. Hate not having it on my bb but my memory just kept going down too far. Hopefully they'll come out with an update that clears things out when you close the app.

10-01-11 11:43 AM
    I would like to report that mine is working again as well. I went and deleted the appworld folder. Didn't actually disappear but the phone slowed up after so i knew it was doing something. I waited a bit and tried to use the wallpaper feature and bam it's working. Thanks for all the help in here!
    10-01-11 12:17 PM
    my special thanks to Chrysalis because without your help, i would have never gotten the "buried" folder out of there. still seems to be "holding" the wallpaper etc.
    mundo472 likes this.
    10-01-11 12:23 PM
    Yay! So happy to hear it. Have a great day!

kam2958 and cgz like this.
    10-01-11 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD