I have recently had issues with my Rogers 9900 whereas people will try and call me when I have full signal and they get my voicemail. This is intermittent. I called Rogers and they refreshed my connection and even had me swap my sim card but nothing worked. I got a tech support rep today that said they got a memo this week indicating all batteries coded as JM1 are no good and discharge quickly and do not provide adequate power for the phone. They are sending me a new one. Rep said with new battery I should get 2 days on it. Anyone heard of this?
    09-30-11 07:55 PM
    I have recently had issues with my Rogers 9900 whereas people will try and call me when I have full signal and they get my voicemail. This is intermittent. I called Rogers and they refreshed my connection and even had me swap my sim card but nothing worked. I got a tech support rep today that said they got a memo this week indicating all batteries coded as JM1 are no good and discharge quickly and do not provide adequate power for the phone. They are sending me a new one. Rep said with new battery I should get 2 days on it. Anyone heard of this?
    First, I doubt the validity of the comment made by the tech rep because often, they can be a source of wrong information.

basically what he is saying is to confirm you that RIM or ROGERS admit that there is a problem with batteries coded as JM1 and that RIM or ROGERS should start doing an exchange or replacement soon.

Personally, even if its true, I dont think anything will happen as companies will take a long time to admit such problem. Plus RIM might consider certain defective batteries as normal as its impossible to manufacturer with absolute 0% defective rate.

- Charles
    09-30-11 08:40 PM
    I am with Rogers too and had my 9900 for 5 days now. Same problem with the battery. It is always discharging even when it 's off or in bedside mode. Wake up to a dead battery. Some of my phone calls today went straight to vm as I was right beside my phone on the desk but only noticed this today.
    09-30-11 10:55 PM
    This have been confirmed if you are on Rogers just call them and they send you a new battery in 2 Bussines day
    09-30-11 11:22 PM
    Anyone know if Verizon also received the memo?
    09-30-11 11:29 PM
    I doubt that a battery could have anything to do with you not getting calls. This sounds more of a network problem and it sounds like Rodgers is trying to pass the blame. I have a 9850 and now after 12 hours I still have 65% left on my battery. I have streamed Pandora for an hour, played music for 3 hours, some emails, some BBM, a lot of texting, and Facebook and twitter once every 2 hours.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    09-30-11 11:46 PM
    The JM1 batteries were made by LG and are a known defect from a certain manufactured date.. So it is a possibility.
    09-30-11 11:57 PM
    The JM1 batteries were made by LG and are a known defect from a certain manufactured date.. So it is a possibility.
    Do you know from what date?
    10-01-11 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD