Just wanted to know if anyone has successfully changed there keyboard on these yet? A friend of mine has had two keys come off self inflicted. I have taken apart loads of blackberry before this one.

I have seen a seller on Ebay which is selling the keyboard only. I've looked at the dissemble videos and I can see a ribbon behind the keyboard. Is this for the trackpad or the keyboard?

I have said I don't mind opening it up to investigate and try and replace I just want to make sure he gets the right parts first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-11 01:22 PM
    Hey there, any update on this? My left shift key fell off and I was thinking about doing the replacement myself but haven't found anyone else with a success story yet. Hopefully it turned out OK for your friend, mind sharing?

Thanks
    N.

Just wanted to know if anyone has successfully changed there keyboard on these yet? A friend of mine has had two keys come off self inflicted. I have taken apart loads of blackberry before this one.

I have seen a seller on Ebay which is selling the keyboard only. I've looked at the dissemble videos and I can see a ribbon behind the keyboard. Is this for the trackpad or the keyboard?

I have said I don't mind opening it up to investigate and try and replace I just want to make sure he gets the right parts first.

12-20-11 01:56 AM
    My <space> key started repeating, so I decided to take my 9900 apart (i.e., no warranty / eBay purchase of Rogers 9900).

Once inside, I discovered that the keyboard and the membrane/circuit card are two separate parts, and that they are held together by a dozen or so tiny o-rings (i.e., cannot be done by hand).

So I ordered both the keyboard and the membrane/circuit card from cnn.cn. The problem was that there was no included way to secure them together, and so the keys did not work. Pushing the keys just pushed the board away instead of depressing the membrane.

I tried hot glue, and then the keys started working, but half of the LED backlights didn't. Was the membrane defective or did I damage it? Either way, I do *not* recommend buying the parts separately and trying to assemble them.

If anyone finds a BB 9900 replacement keyboard *assembly* available online, please let me know.
    minttea likes this.
    12-20-11 01:15 PM
    12-20-11 01:41 PM
    i have a similar problem to Bob G. any help with a video will be appreciated!
    02-22-12 04:33 PM
    I purchased the whole keyboard + track pad + flex cable assembly from here:
    Blackberry Parts, Blackberry Housing, Blackberry Faceplates, Blackberry Accessories

I searched on line and found a few disassembly videos to figure out the process. It is pretty straightforward as far as these things go (as long as you have the Torx bit and the aptitude). Having the keyboard, circuit card, and track pad pre-assembled makes it much easier.

I installed the new assembly and now my 9900 is as good as new!
    Last edited by Bob G; 02-22-12 at 06:52 PM. Reason: typos
    02-22-12 06:49 PM
    Bob G,

the thing is, i wanted a Korean/English keyboard, but it only comes with the keyboard itself.
    is it possible to remove the flexcable+trackpad off my old keyboard and put it on my new one? or will i just have to buy the membrane and trackpad seperately?
    02-22-12 09:39 PM
    It's funny that I read this post today as I actually swapped out my keyboard. I've done this many times on the 9000, but this was my first time on the 9900. I checked out Youtube but didn't show how to swap the keyboard out so I just took a gamble. You can learn how how to open the phone on Youtube but then you're on your own. Keep in mind that you need to unfasten the back of the trackpad cover to take off the membrane. After that, it's easy fixings. It wasn't too hard even though I had no clue how to do it. Here's a pic of the final. Good luck!
    02-23-12 02:04 AM
    This disassembly video seems very easy to follow and it doesn`t look that difficult.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTnyI7yDRDM[/YT]
    02-23-12 03:39 AM
    Bob G,

the thing is, i wanted a Korean/English keyboard, but it only comes with the keyboard itself.
    is it possible to remove the flexcable+trackpad off my old keyboard and put it on my new one? or will i just have to buy the membrane and trackpad seperately?
    ok so has *ANYONE* managed to reuse the flex cable/trackpad with a replacement keyboard? some clues/tips would be sooo helpful. comon crackberry nation, dont let me down on this one!
    03-07-12 01:38 AM
    I have successfully changed the keyboard and posted a couple of pictures of the process here. Good luck.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...4/#post7197774
    03-07-12 03:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD