I have a 4 week old 9930. I took it with me to the UK and while here I am finding a couple of issues:

1. Even when the radio is turned off, processes off and Blackberry turned off, I am seeing the battery drain about 12.5% per hour (meaning after 8 hours, with the BB off, the battery is completely dead). If I pull the battery, and reinsert it after a day, no such battery drain.

2. Using it as a bedside clock in the charger pod, the alarm fails to go off - it is plahying a 5-10 second bit of the alarm tone after a 20 minute delay then pauses with the spinning clock. A battery pull reset seems to get it back on its feet.

I fear something is terribly wrong with it - it shouldn't drain the battery at all when it was off. When I was in the US it was all OK - battery drain was normal, and when off didn't seem to lose battery charge much at all.

Anyone have similar experiences? What should I do?
    09-30-11 05:11 AM
    I have the same thing happening to my 9810, which is only about 6 weeks old.
    Even with power off, and fully charged battery, the battery will drain completely overnight.
    The spinning clock is on most of the time. Until this started happening, just two days ago, BB was working well.
    I am also away from home (Canada), currently in Bermuda. I used local wi-fi connection and was able to connect to the internet. I can still connect when the spinning clock allows it.
    Bromo33333 likes this.
    09-30-11 06:45 AM
    This is very much like what I see. I am also seeing slowdowns with momentary spinning clocks that clear themselves up - and sluggish performance after a few hours.

Currently I moved to a back up phone (HTC ChaCha - Android) and have been using that which has been pretty solid.

I wonder if this is a OS7 issue or a radio issue or a ... ?
    09-30-11 07:04 AM
    I had this same issue with my 9780, one nite i turned it off as i was around my gfs place and didnt have my charger with me...went to turn it on in the morning, only to find that it had completely drained from 15% previous night to 0% the next morning :/.

Very strange behaviour, i havent seen it happen with my 9900 though but then i dont turn my 9900 off really. I had my 9780 repaired a few weeks ago, gave it to my gf and they replaced the power amplifier as they said it was faulty so could have caused the overnight battery drain when the phone is off...
    09-30-11 08:12 AM
    I too am having this issue. I have a one month old Bold 9900, on 7.0.0 bundle 2406, on O2 in the UK.

My battery life sucks anyway but I was particularly cross today to discover that it drained from 55% to 15% during a 4.5 hour flight, despite me turning the network connections off before doing a Full Power Off. I checked it mid-flight (back from Egypt) that it was off, and it was. When I landed, and discovered my 15% orange power status, I started fuming, but took the battery out (to clean terminals) and after the restart my phone had a 2044 date and was completely out of sorts. Grrrrr.

I have been keeping my apps-running to a minimum. The only third party app I am using is Google maps, and even this I try to keep off. I do have a large calendar and wonder if that is a factor here. I also have 5 inboxes, tho only one gets heavy traffic.

I suspect that roaming / being away from home is a common factor here - based on the thread below at any rate.

In future on flights i will take the battery out but then you take a further 10% power hit on the full restart.

This phone's battery life is clearly a problem (based on web searches). Bberry will never recover lost ground if they put out equipment with such basic failings. It is a shame because I have been resisting Apple for 3 years but think if a new battery doesn't fix this I will have to make the switch over to the dark side.
    Last edited by wreeve; 02-27-12 at 05:21 PM.
    02-27-12 05:19 PM
    When you remove the battery, and insert it later...it comes back on with what it had before removal. The gauge may not correctly display while running. So if you had 100% before removal and you're showing 90% on reinsert, that's what you really had before you pulled the battery. Unless the battery has been out for an extended period - you should not have any real charge loss...
    02-27-12 06:16 PM
    Let me guess, none of them have 7.1.0.267 and no one has checked to see if settings or an app are to blame. I bet no one has bothered to search the forums and discovered the included charger sucks.

Update yous OS's and get a Nokia AC-6U and then see if you have anything to moan about.

BTW: Search is Your Friend.
    02-27-12 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD