Hello guys got my blackberry bold yesterday, battery life aint great to be honest so far! Does anyone have any tips on how to improve the battery, like shall I charge at any time or when the battery is really low? What shall I do to save battery? Shall I leave on charge after fully charged!? Any battery tips to be honest you think are relevant will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-11 08:36 PM
    I leave mine on the charger all night every night and in the car on the way to/from work if it needs it.

Thus far, it still gets me through a full day without dying (with the exception of the first day I had it, since I took it to work without charging it out of the box).
    09-29-11 08:46 PM
    Here are a few:
    1) go into mobil network and turn off "global" set to 1XEV
    2)turn screen brightness way Down to 10
    3) make sure wifi is off when not using
    4) make sure you don't have unnecessary apps running in the back round.
    5) have apps like facebook set so they are not constantly checking for updates

I'm sure there are more but this is what I could think of in a pinch. I have outstanding battery life on my 9930. Couldn't be happier.

09-29-11 08:47 PM
    Thanks guys anymore tips?

09-29-11 08:49 PM
    Here are a few:
    1) go into mobil network and turn off "global" set to 1XEV
    2)turn screen brightness way Down to 10
    3) make sure wifi is off when not using
    4) make sure you don't have unnecessary apps running in the back round.
    5) have apps like facebook set so they are not constantly checking for updates

I'm sure there are more but this is what I could think of in a pinch. I have outstanding battery life on my 9930. Couldn't be happier.

These are good tips! Especially 1,2,4 &5. Personally, I never turn off WiFi, nor do I shut down BT. My normal day is 12 hours long, at the least, and I have no problem making it through the day on a charge. Tip 4 can make a huge difference. There are many apps that don't actually close (only drop to the background) when ya hold the back button. Make sure apps actually close when ya don't need them. This can make a pretty big difference. Regardless of battery level, I charge every night. Not to mention, a spare charged battery is extremely helpful on those really heavy usage days .
    09-29-11 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD