GUys just dropped my bold 9700 down the toilet pan dont ask why! Is there any hope for the little guy ? When battery is in red led lights on but thats it ...
    09-29-11 03:30 PM
    Should have never put the battery back in, but you can try this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...ht-way-318876/
    sarahmc1992 likes this.
    09-29-11 04:15 PM
    You're in trouble for putting the battery back in as that will only further damage it beyond recovery. Follow the instructions in the linked thread and let it sit for a week and then, put the battery back in. Be prepared for the worst, you might need to reload the OS, cause it does happen on rare occasions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    sarahmc1992 likes this.
    09-29-11 04:58 PM
    You can try to dry it with a blow dryer. Just make sure the air is cool.
    10-07-11 03:26 AM
    My wife's bb had dropped into water. This is what I do to make it run again. I open my bb (find some youtube video) on how to open and put it back, I cleaned the water with tissue paper, and used hair dryer.

It turn on but it never finished the start up process, I used bbsak to wipe all the app and even the os (luckily I install bb protect so I can restore bb contacts).

When it is on and working I found a little problem some keys are too sensitive (double and triple clicking when I click it), so I bought a new white sheet under the keyboard and replace. Now it works perfectly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-11 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD