Hi there, just want to see if anyone knows if the playbook is seemlessly compatible with the blackberry playbook or if anyone has done this. Cheers Al
    09-28-11 01:54 AM
    Mine has always done so and worked great - up until when my pearl stopped working...
    Guess I'll just have to get myself a 9900...
    almal81 likes this.
    09-28-11 02:31 AM
    Thanks Pmungus.

I haven't purchased a playbook yet but was wondering how you connected & synchronised the devices.

Is this done via wifi (I don't believe the Pearl 9100 has wifi hotspot ability), tethering or another means?

Thanks again

Alan
    09-28-11 04:35 AM
    alma - it's done with bluetooth. i've got a pearl 3g and 32GB playbook and they're bridged all day. Works great. BBM, email, calendars, contacts and browsing on the PB through the phone. It's a great combo. browsing is pretty fast. with the latest playbook update, the bridge runs the internet connection for all the apps as well - (facebook, etc.)
    almal81 likes this.
    09-28-11 10:58 AM
    Quick ? can you have your pb bridge but use the wifi internet instad of your bb data
    09-28-11 12:53 PM
    It's always bee pretty quick for me, but I guess it would ultimately depend on your service provider and the signal strength in your area. As for browsing with wifi whilst you're bridged, I haven't actually tried it, but would think it would be as simple as changing from the bridge tab to the regular web browser (and back again when you're done). Everything you're not currently using would just run quietly in the background.
    almal81 likes this.
    09-28-11 05:49 PM
    Thanks for your help everyone.

Just wondering if internet browsing via the playbook browser is included under "blackberry browsing data" or if it would be separate data download.

My plan is unlimited blackberry browsing data + 500MB data download and just want to make sure it doesn't create any unwanted billing surprises before going ahead with buying a playbook.
    09-29-11 04:06 PM
    that's a tough one.. i look at my phone bill and have no idea why some data is bb and some is not. i wouldn't want to assume... i'd call your carrier.
    almal81 likes this.
    10-05-11 11:57 AM
    alma - it's done with bluetooth. i've got a pearl 3g and 32GB playbook and they're bridged all day. Works great. BBM, email, calendars, contacts and browsing on the PB through the phone. It's a great combo. browsing is pretty fast. with the latest playbook update, the bridge runs the internet connection for all the apps as well - (facebook, etc.)
    Can you tell me plz which
    OS version do u use on your pearl 3g? And playbook OS?
    12-12-11 02:35 PM
    I'm using OS 5 with my Pearl and PlayBook. So far, I mainly use WiFi at home.
    12-12-11 02:51 PM
    OS 6 (changed keyboard from 9105>9100) and OS2 beta

issues:
    Pearl on OS6 is nice but seem a bit short on memory
    Playbook on OS2 is amazing, except BBM is not functionning for me (but can opened it using the browser link to bridge apps)
    12-28-11 11:55 PM
    OS 6.0 bundle 1966, and 32GB Playbook. Bridge regularly when no wi-fi available. Works well 90% of the time, but have very high hopes for Playbook OS 2.

Memory is very tight on 9100 with OS 6, but browser and UI improvements over OS 5.x are worth it.
    01-17-12 09:28 PM
    Downloaded OS 2 on my PB and Bridge 2.0 on my Pear 9100 with OS 6 a while ago... It all works really, really good.
    02-26-12 02:28 AM
    Has anyone been able to get phone remote working on the PlayBook with a Pearl 3G? I can move the mouse, click and type but can't work out how to scroll on webpage?
    02-27-12 12:46 AM
    Has anyone been able to get phone remote working on the PlayBook with a Pearl 3G? I can move the mouse, click and type but can't work out how to scroll on webpage?
    To scroll is quite easy. You keep the mouse pointer somewhere in the middle of the page and then you hold down the "alt" key while stroking up and down on the trackpad. Easy!
    02-28-12 12:39 AM
    Which one is the alt key though? The * or the # key?
    02-28-12 12:43 AM
    The "alt" key is right next to the "*" key and underneath the "(@) Z X" key. Pls tell me that you know how to enter numbers, punctuation and symbols while writing messages...
    Last edited by Bobcat665; 02-28-12 at 05:19 AM.
    02-28-12 05:17 AM
    Oops! If you happen to be dealing with a Pearl 9105, I'm afraid you might be stuck with experimenting with pressing and holding either of the keys while stroking the trackpad. Perhaps this might help?

How do I activate Alt mode on my Blackberry 9105: BlackBerry Pearl 9105 | help & support | Orange UK
    pixieloulou likes this.
    02-28-12 05:58 AM
    Oops! If you happen to be dealing with a Pearl 9105, I'm afraid you might be stuck with experimenting with pressing and holding either of the keys while stroking the trackpad. Perhaps this might help?

How do I activate Alt mode on my Blackberry 9105: BlackBerry Pearl 9105 | help & support | Orange UK
    Thanks. I have the 9105 and followed the instructions on the orange page but it still wont let me scroll. The alt symbol shows up but when i move the trackpad it vanishes. There must be a way around it. I'm not due a handset upgrade until June
    02-28-12 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD